“Excellent find on I-40 in Tennessee!”

Hampton Inn Dandridge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Dandridge
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Between Asheville, NC and Knoxville, TN there are not a lot of choices. But, this newer Hampton Inn was a great find and a welcome respite as I pulled in at 2:30 a.m. Very comfortable, very clean, very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug-n-Tricia

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We often stay at Hampton Inn hotels when traveling by car. We stopped for one night as we traveled East to NC and wanted a place to stay before going through the Mountains (a very good decision). It's another hour and one-half drive to Asheville and the twisting I-40 route through the mountains requires an alert driver.

This hotel experience was excellent in all respects. The hotel is very well maintained. The service at check in and check out was excellent. Our room was very clean and equiped with a small microwave and refrigerator. The bedding was clean and comfortable. The complementary internet connection was good; choice of wifi or ethernet connection. The bathroom was well maintained, good quality towells (for this level hotel) and the shower pressure was very good (not overly restricted as is often the case in hotels located near interstate highways). The breakfast and coffee was better than most. We didn't get a chance to use the pool.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We (me, wife and two young children) stopped at the Hampton Inn Dandridge last summer (June 2011) while on the way to Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Long story short we left too late and couldn't make it to our campsite and elected to stop here rather than the previous two exits in order to avoid the Pidgeon Forge mayhem.

This hotel is worth stopping at if you're looking for a nice room in a clean hotel--the hotel was reportedly brand new and it looked like it--plus nice amenities like a pool and workout room were appreciated. Breakfast was great. Staff was wonderful from the gentleman at check in (talked baseball...no problem there!!) to the nice lady who ran a wonderful breakfast the next morning (she put up with our kids which we appreciated). It's those touches that really make it hard to think of another chain to go to.

We only wish that there was more to do at this exit at least for a traveler on a Sunday night. The restaurant options nearby were minimal, perhaps there's something more in Dandridge. Again, we were trying to avoid P-Forge further west where the hotel prices are a little higher (see also my review of Ruby Tuesdays).

Room Tip: Get a room on the non-interstate side and you can get a peek of the Smokies.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 21, 2011

Just stayed for 1 night on a quick trip to the area (new Pigeon Forge). There aren't many decent hotels at this particular exit (exit 417 off I-40 East), and last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and it was not great-- pretty old and worn out. This time I had sufficient notice of my travel dates to pick what I presumed would be the best hotel at the exit- the Hampton Inn. Paid 99.00 w/ my AAA discount. Yes, higher than the HIE, (75.00) but well worth the extra. We had an accessible room on the 3rd floor and it was so huge- I loved it. I don't know if all the rooms are this large, maybe this one was because it was Handicap Accessible- but it was great. The hotel is only 18 months old, which of course is a plus. The carpet is stain-free (a big thing to me), plenty of room in the bathroom and even a sizeable "foyer" or entryway upon entering the room. Was quiet and peaceful, the beds were comfortable. Just don't like Hampton's pillows- way too smushy, but so what? I refuse to drag along my own pillows along with all the other stuff you have to pack & drag in, so guess I'll just have to do with smushy pillows. Had the free breakfast- standard hotel free breakfast, nothing exciting, but does the trick . They also had sack breakfasts you could grab if you didn't have time to sit down & eat, that's a nice touch. I loved the hotel and on any return trips to visit my niece in the area I will stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Hotel is new and everything is very fresh, in excellent condition. Our room had a large shower stall instead of a bath. We preferred this, so didn't ask whether bathtubs were available. Room and bathroom were quite large. Room was quiet, even though hotel was located conveniently near the interstate.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gornie
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My family and I have stayed here countless times when visiting Knoxville, Pigeon Forge, or the surrounding area it is always very clean with terrific service from the staff. Everyone on the staff is accomodating and willing to help. Plus, the hotel has much better rates than locations in Pigeon Forge or properties closer to Knoxville. This Hampton Inn is only a few years old as well and the rooms are very nicely appointed. You can't go wrong with this property.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed for one night while passing through from Kentucky to Georgia. It is a new Hampton Inn and sits on the top of a hill. The staff was nice and the room and bathroom were beautiful. It is a shower only, but it is large and nice. If ever in the area again we would stay here!

• Stayed: October 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandridge
Quality Inn
#4 of 10 in Newport
Hampton Inn Morristown
Hampton Inn Morristown
#3 of 12 in Morristown

Been to Hampton Inn Dandridge? Share your experiences!