Mountain Harbor Inn Resort On the Lake
$51
Quality Inn(Dandridge)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
Hampton Inn Dandridge(Dandridge)(Great Value!)
$104
Priceline
$120
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Comfort Inn Newport(Newport)(Great Value!)
$69
Rodeway Inn(Dandridge)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunset cruisecandlelight dessertboat ridefire pitbrownieendless lovebaconeach eveningrocking chairspresidential suitebuffet breakfastjacuzzi tubpigeon forgesmall kitchenetteeach morningnice weekendthe beautiful dining room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I found this little gem on the internet when I searched "romantic getaways near Knoxville". The during the week price of $125 was very reasonable considering it included so many extras....dessert, sunset cruise etc. I am delighted. The people here, including the owner, are incredibly friendly and eager to help. The room is very clean and charming. And you can't beat the view. I am spreading the word and can't wait to return! A true value!

Room Tip: the internet has virtual views of all the suites. It was easy to see that any one would be lovely!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kimberly K
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Mountain Harbor Inn this past weekend (June 2013)

Our experience began with a 45 minute wait for our jetski, which we had a reservation for. Nothing had been done prior to our arrival. It was as if we we're walk in customers.

After the jetski, which was awesome, we went to check in. The staff were unorganized and stumbled about the office in a confused whirlwind trying to find our info, answer phones, and handle boat rentals. There were three employees and noone seemed to be confident in their role. At one point, an employee said we could gather our things and she would walk us to our room. We got our bags and waited in the lobby for ten minutes. She then came out and asked us to come back to the office. At that time she apologized for the wait and said she had to take care of a boat rental before finishing our check in. She then proceeded to tell us we owed $40+ more for our room. This was in addition to the price we already paid for our LivingSocial deal and the extra resort fee. When we called to verify the total amount, this was never mentioned. The employee's response to our questions about it were "I don't know" and "I just work here." BAD ANSWERS

She did say she'd make it up to us ......with a free dessert that was already included....but we let it go and tried to have a good time. As for the dessert, the employee told us that if we went out to eat, we could cal her and have the desert put in our fridge for when we returned. We went out, called and spoke with her. When we returned, no dessert. I went to talk to her and she tried to say I talked to someone else. She got the dessert for me with a huff, puff and apology. When I asked for forks, so we could eat on the deck outside, she said they were in the room.
I told her why I wanted forks and she still told me to get them from the room. At this point I'd had enough. I got my own forks, spent the evening playing cards on the deck before retiring to the room.

Like I said in the title, great location, terrible customer service. We'll never go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank adombrowski
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the Inn for the second time ever. We truly enjoyed the boat excursion with Captain Billy (fun history lesson). We liked our stay so much this time that we booked the Lincoln Penthouse for a future outing. There is some road noise in the upper rooms, but it was bearable. The desserts were delicious, and breakfast was very good. The staff went out of their way to take care of our every need.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are larger, but there is no road noise on the 1st level rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We ignored the "busy highway" warnings from lower-rated reviews and gave this place a shot. The "busy highway" is a two-lane road that sees a few cars every minute; pretty low key. The view across the lake to the Smokies is beautiful, and if you feel the desire you can rent boats and jet skis if the 5pm boat tour of the lake isn't enough. Capt Bill, who owns the place, along with a bunch of mini storage places in Kentucky and Ohio, was on-site and friendly, made sure everything was attended to.

The staff was all friendly and attentive, breakfast was filling. Room (Love Me Tender suite) was well-kept, clean, bed was comfy. I feel like the target customer for this place is the Outback-is-a-nice-night-out crowd on a once-a-year romantic splurge, but if that's not your thing and you're passing through the area and don't mind spending a few more bucks than a hotel along the interstate, it's well worth it. If it is your thing, stay here for a week. No walkable restaurants, but the room we were in had a kitchenette.

The lounge chairs and fire pit on the deck make a nice place to crash and soak in the scenery.

Room Tip: Top level suites have the best views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Just got back from an awesome stay at Mountain Harbor Inn. My Son and Daughter in Law rented the whole place for there wedding. The rooms were so beautiful. We stayed in the Anniversary Suite. The room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable.
The place was beautiful for a wedding and to have all the family staying together.
The staff was wonderful. Thanks to Lisa for pulling everything together.
The owner Billie visited with us several times. Enjoy talking to him. He made sure are stay was perfect.
The only complaint I have is it rained. It ruined our wedding outside, but we had it in the dinning area which turned out great. The view with all the windows made all things perfect. Thanks again for having such a wonderful place. We made some great memories there. I forgot to mention we had 2 delicious breakfast. I would recommend Mountain Harbor Inn for weddings or just a romantic retreat. We will be back. Thanks again to the owner and all his staff.

Room Tip: I would say the rooms on the bottom would be quieter. But they all are beautiful. Great views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family