“Fun day on the lake, but a hassle”

Mountain Harbor Inn Resort On the Lake
Ranked #1 of 3 Dandridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I reserved a jet ski and pontoon boat with Mountain Harbor Inn a month in advance and paid half in advance for the reservation. The staff was friendly and helpful when I wanted to change the time of my reservation from 12pm to 2pm.

When I arrived at the office about 20 minutes early, I signed all the paperwork and paid the other half. However, when I got to the dock, my pontoon boat was ready but I was informed that there weren't any jet skis available because they had all been rented. I politely complained that I had reserved the jet ski and that they shouldn't have rented it out since I had already paid for it. The guy shrugged...

After further prodding, one of the members of my group suggested that they let us use a free tube to pull behind the boat while we wait for a jet ski (there were dozens of tubes laying around). After some pushing, they agreed.

I also talked to the lady in the office about a refund for the time we lost on the jet ski, and she also agreed that it was fair. However, there was an accident on the lake that day that kept them from processing it that day. She agreed to call me in a couple of days to verify the refund.

I didn't get a call so I called back a few days later. She said that she would have to talk to her boss, but that they would probably refund me an hour of time (I missed 1hr 20min waiting on the jet ski). I explained that I didn't find that fair, but she wouldn't concede. Finally I said that I would report the incident to the better business bureau if I didn't get a full refund. She said that she would take it up with her boss and hung up on me.

About an hour later, she called me and sharply said that they would refund the whole time and hung up the phone.

Overall, I had a good time and the boats were nice. However, I feel that the staff could have been more accommodating and I don't think that I should have had to insist that they do the right thing. I never raised my voice or got ugly in any way. I may have been a little stern at times, but never mean.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bob S

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here last night and have to say we really liked the place. First off the staff members are excellent, they are friendly, helpful and patient. When we checked in we were escorted around, explained the amenities, where to find things and so forth. When we arrived to the room we were pleasantly surprised. We went to dinner and were not able to make it back in time for desert that night, per the instructions of a staff member, we called and they sent our desert to our room! Every place you stay will have some flaws (you could pick apart the finest penthouse anywhere) but there was little to find fault here and anything that was lacking was greatly made up for in service and amenities! Yes there is some road noise but it is not as bad as some reviewers make it out to be, the B&B even offers soothing music and headphones to light sleepers (we didn't need it). The bed was comfortable and huge, the suite was cozy (not too big and not to small for a couple). This is a great place to stay if you are looking for a romantic place with a friendly and pampering staff. This place really goes above and beyond to make you comfortable from the additional toiletries, water in your fridge, desert and a cruise in the evening right down to supplies to make s'mores if you want them. I would go back anytime and recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dagnarus365
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Enjoyed the room, view and staff. Then the next morning at breakfast a man that identified himself as the owner came to our table to welcome us. That was nice. Then he started to tell us about how screwed up our country was and how Mitt Romney was the solution. He started making reference to the bible and politics, immigration.

We were shocked and insulted!

Never again.......

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chilula
Reviewed July 20, 2012

What a blessed weekend experience to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary! We have dealt with Mountain Harbor in the past to rent pontoon boats and jet skis, so it was not so much a surprise to have the staff so kind and efficient; however, we did not know what to expect in the Inn itself. It did not disappoint us!!! We stayed in the Lincoln Penthouse Condo Suite and were absolutely blown away by its beauty and size! The pictures on the internet don't nearly do it justice... As for the staff, Billy Inman certainly knows how to hire and train his staff to make your stay special. We have rarely seen such a hardworking group - but they are lead through the great example of Mr. Inman himself, who, as you watch him working around the Inn and with the people themselves, you have no doubt of his love for Mountain Harbor Inn on Douglas Lake. Well, Mr. Inman, we have joined in your love affair with the Inn, your staff and this lake ... and we will certainly return as often as we can. Thank you for helping to fill our 30th anniversary with so many lovely memories! ~Dale and Sharon Wright

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tootie N Sherry W
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 9th anniversary here to try somewhere we hadn't been and we weren't disappointed! Beautiful lake view, fun stuff to do on the lake, a few nice restaurants in town and a really nice room. The bed was very comfy and overall this place was fantastic.

CONS: The only cons (that wouldn't necessarily affect our decision to go back in the future) were that they seemed somewhat understaffed as far as personal attention went. The staff were very friendly, but seemed like they were working pretty hard to keep up with everyone. That left us not wanting to bug them even if there were some things we wanted and we were often waiting in line to get something at the front desk. Not a big deal, but worth commenting on. Being a big breakfast person, breakfast here was not really amazing... Kind of like a spread that you'd get at a Comfort Inn or similar--mostly pre-prepped food--nothing like some awesome french toast topped with berries, baked goods or anything special. There was an all day breakfast place in Dandridge however:)

Oh yes, I can't forget the evening cruise: The free evening cruise on the lake was a lot of fun! It was very relaxing and the guide who took us out had a great personality and made it even more fun.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and were really happy. Not too much road noise, great view and ver...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jburkholder
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Planned this as a one-night getaway with friends. Rented a boat and enjoyed all the ammenities at the inn. Far exceeded my expectations. Dessert and breakfast were wonderful! All of the staff was super sweet and helpful. Definitely plan to return very soon!!!

Room Tip: Room sizes vary. We stayed in Forever Yours. It was very nice and clean.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KLF2005
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay overnight at the half-way point of a long two day drive. We chose Mountain Harbor Inn becuase it was not far off our route, not your typical chain hotel, and was on a lake. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. They all seemed very happy and proud to work at the inn.

Check out the website to view the rooms before making reservations. When making reservations they were very helpful, explaining which floor the rooms were on and they also reviewed their cancellation policy. Our suite, Forever Yours, was as pictured, very clean, with a view of the lake. The boat ride which is included was a lot of fun and the captain was happy to answer everyone's questions.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have best view of the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BGT_Cooks
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
Bearskin Lodge on the River Hotel
Clarion Inn Willow River
Clarion Inn Willow River
#4 of 20 in Sevierville

Been to Mountain Harbor Inn Resort On the Lake? Share your experiences!