“Beautiful Accomodations & Awesome View”

Mountain Harbor Inn Resort On the Lake
Ranked #1 of 3 Dandridge B&B and Inns
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Beautiful Accomodations & Awesome View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 9th anniversary here to try somewhere we hadn't been and we weren't disappointed! Beautiful lake view, fun stuff to do on the lake, a few nice restaurants in town and a really nice room. The bed was very comfy and overall this place was fantastic.

CONS: The only cons (that wouldn't necessarily affect our decision to go back in the future) were that they seemed somewhat understaffed as far as personal attention went. The staff were very friendly, but seemed like they were working pretty hard to keep up with everyone. That left us not wanting to bug them even if there were some things we wanted and we were often waiting in line to get something at the front desk. Not a big deal, but worth commenting on. Being a big breakfast person, breakfast here was not really amazing... Kind of like a spread that you'd get at a Comfort Inn or similar--mostly pre-prepped food--nothing like some awesome french toast topped with berries, baked goods or anything special. There was an all day breakfast place in Dandridge however:)

Oh yes, I can't forget the evening cruise: The free evening cruise on the lake was a lot of fun! It was very relaxing and the guide who took us out had a great personality and made it even more fun.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite and were really happy. Not too much road noise, great view and ver...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jburkholder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
East Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Planned this as a one-night getaway with friends. Rented a boat and enjoyed all the ammenities at the inn. Far exceeded my expectations. Dessert and breakfast were wonderful! All of the staff was super sweet and helpful. Definitely plan to return very soon!!!

Room Tip: Room sizes vary. We stayed in Forever Yours. It was very nice and clean.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KLF2005
Downingtown PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay overnight at the half-way point of a long two day drive. We chose Mountain Harbor Inn becuase it was not far off our route, not your typical chain hotel, and was on a lake. The staff was very welcoming and friendly. They all seemed very happy and proud to work at the inn.

Check out the website to view the rooms before making reservations. When making reservations they were very helpful, explaining which floor the rooms were on and they also reviewed their cancellation policy. Our suite, Forever Yours, was as pictured, very clean, with a view of the lake. The boat ride which is included was a lot of fun and the captain was happy to answer everyone's questions.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have best view of the lake.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BGT_Cooks
High Point, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

I took my girlfriend here in early March 2012 for a short getaway. I'm always a bit skeptical (especially at $99 per night for something like this) but the reviews seemed good. We arrived Sunday afternoon and were welcomed by Sharon. She was very pleasant and personally showed us around and took us to our room. We instantly felt at home and everything looked perfect. Trust me, I was looking for something to be wrong but I couldn't find anything. We stayed in the "Endless Love" suite and it was beautiful. Although the bedroom area is a bit small, due to the bed being so huge, it was perfectly fine and comfortable. The floors are all tile (not ceramic but some sort of granite I think) and were very cold but socks easily fix that. I still mostly walked around barefoot and it wasn't too bad. I'm just used to carpet flooring. We were there in winter and ran the heat the whole time so cold floors are expected. I loved that there were separate heating/cooling units in the bedroom and bathroom with separate thermostats. There was a TV mounted on the wall in front of the bed with satellite so I was thankful for that. There was also a small fridge and microwave and kitchen sink in the room and a full set of dishes and silverware. Our favorite part of the room was actually the bathroom. It was huge! There were double sinks, huge mirrors, stand up shower and an amazing jacuzzi hot tub. The hot tub was a little hard to get in and out of due to it being so tall but they provided a stool. The hot tub was very large and perfect for 2 people. There was even a TV with satellite overlooking the hot tub! Now onto things outside of the room... When you first step out of the room, there is a small grass area then a massive deck overlooking Douglas Lake. Mountains in the background, beautiful water and such an amazing view. They have plenty of chairs and places to sit and even a fire pit they will light for you and provide everything needed to make S'mores. Go upstairs to the office area and there is a beautiful dining area with glass doors/windows everywhere so no matter where you sit, you can see the amazing view. The breakfast was wonderful! Eggs, Bacon, Potatoes/Hash Browns, Biscuits and Gravy, fruit, milk, orange juice, coffee, hot chocolate, etc. It was delicious and completely free. They also offer a free dessert from 5:30 to 7:30 PM each night. We had cheesecake the first night and it was great. The 2nd night we had the amazing brownie with 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream. They don't make you split it either. We each got our own and it was too much for even one person to handle. If you won't be there for dessert, tell them and they'll deliver it to your room and put it in your fridge for you! The hospitality was endless. They also offer a daily boat cruise at 4:30 PM each day. There weren't many people around when we stayed and we actually got the entire boat to ourselves. Dennis took us out on the pontoon boat for a little over an hour. He was very friendly and talked to us and told us about the area. It was a little chilly so he closed us in and turned on some heat for us. The boat ride is also free! Of course we tipped him as well as the people who served us our breakfast and dessert. I was curious as to what the other rooms looked like and Pam was so nice to show us around and let us look at other rooms that were not currently being used. We looked at a variety of rooms and they were all very nice. I think only 2 have hot tubs inside the room. Endless Love and I'll Always Love You. These are on the bottom level and allows you to walk right out onto the deck area. They are also below the road level and may be quieter. Some reviewers talked about awful road noise due to the building being right on the road. We heard NOTHING, but were not at the road level. When Pam took us around, I even asked her about the road noise in the ground level rooms that had the road directly behind them and she let me wait on a few cars to go by and I barely heard anything. I looked out the window and saw the cars go by and the noise was completely acceptable. Perhaps if a tractor trailer drove by you "may" hear it but I really don't see it as an issue at all. Although we never met the owners, Sharon, Pam and Dennis were great and very friendly. We accidentally left our camera on the dining room table and within 5 minutes we had a knock on our door and it was returned to us. I hear they are very busy during summer and also offer boat and jet ski rentals. The town of Dandridge is very small and there's not a lot there as far as restaurants or entertainment. There are some small local places, and even a Ruby Tuesday, Perkins, Seafood place and some others nearby within 15 minutes. Sevierville offers much more and is only about 20 minutes away. Pigeon Forge offers the most and is about 25 minutes away. Gatlinburg is about 40 minutes away. Driving back and forth wasn't a big deal for me and it was nice knowing a big city with tons to do was only 25 minutes drive away. Overall I definitely recommend Mountain Harbor Inn and will go back one day soon! 5 Stars! EXCELLENT!

Room Tip: Endless Love and I'll Always Love You rooms have hot tubs in the rooms.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank David M
New Haven, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

I cannot put into words how great of an experience my husband and I had at this quaint Inn in the mountains. The location gives a stunning view of the emense lake with the mountain range. They offer a wonderful boat cruise on a pontoon, even in the winter months, covering the boat with a wonderful canopy. Jim, the captain was a great host and explained alot of information about the area. After the boat cruise, you select a decadent homemade dessett. The brownie tower is amazing, along with the cheesecake drizzled with rasberry sauce. Yum! The rooms are wonderful. We stayed in the "I will always love you suite". I highly recommend. The staff is very appreciative of your nusiness and it shows with every person you encounter. Skip the cheaper hotel in Sevierville and stay in the water in this Charming Inn. Worth every dollar you spend!

• Stayed February 2012
3 Thank melliemel73
tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

We love this inn--nice rooms - dessert is dejicious and breakfast is wonderful

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank grandmaTennessee
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2011

Celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at this beautiful inn. The owner and the staff treated us like royalty and could not do enough for us. The room was gorgeous and the view from the deck was breathtaking. You are offered a variety of desserts, but their specialty is a homemade brownie with 3 large scoops of ice cream covered in hot fudge and topped with whipped cream and a cherry. It was hard to eat it all, but we did our best! Breakfast, which was served from 8 am to 10 am, was bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, etc., and it was also very good. We hated to leave and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pam C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dandridge
Hampton Inn Dandridge
Margaritaville Island Hotel
Margaritaville Island Hotel
#8 of 90 in Pigeon Forge
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,196 reviews

Been to Mountain Harbor Inn Resort On the Lake? Share your experiences!