“Will be back”
Review of Cumberland Gap Inn

Cumberland Gap Inn
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Great value, very clean and close to local eateries. Incredibly gorgeous front desk coed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 22, 2012

We had a great time while in Cumberland Gap. Cumberland Gap Inn, while not the fanciest, was very lovely. The employees were ever so helpful and the rooms were clean. I have not been able to find anywhere else in the area that allows such pristine views while maintaining the quietness of a small town - so relaxing. I would most definitely stay there again. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Choose upstairs...great balcony with a creek to overlook. Downstairs rooms also have patio but upst...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlie L
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I do not know who the people are that said this was a good place but our room was so bad we would not stay for one hour. The carpet were old and needed to be replaced (YOU WOULD NOT WALK ON THEM WITHOUT SHOES) the tolet was dirted, the room said it was remodel but it was old and need updating. The host would not give us a new room because she said they were full but at 7 pm at night they had no cars in the lot.I found this place on livingsocial and will not trust them again. They would not give us money back and THEY EVEN CHAGED US A ROON SERVICE FEE.over the room rate... I was to stay in nana's room and it did not look like the one they show you. not roomy and no garden bath in my book

Room Tip: beware do not trust what you see or hear about this place.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank donme11
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Great rooms for the price. Had my husband and 3 yr old. The babbling brook behind the hotel totally captivated my child. The back patio was so very nice. The rooms were very spacious, the beds nice and the fridge/microwave very convenient! There is no pool or jacuzzi anymore though - well except for the tub did have jacuzzi jets in them. Very quiet, walking distance to anything and everything. Only stayed one night, but will stay there everytime we go up.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2010

After dealing with family stress, illness, and a very hectic school and work schedule, my husband, our friend (who is from Lee County VA) and myself took a trip to this quaint town. I was in the hotel hospitality industry for a time and I muct say that I was very impressed by this motel. The room was extremely pleasant, the bathroom was updated (Iloved the marble/tile job) and the back patio was a lovely touch. Very spacious room with enough drawer/closet space for 3 people (1 of whom was a female!). Vey clean! Have bragged about this motel to everybody I have come in contact with. We'll be coming back in November 2010 for a 2 night stay and plan to stay at the CGI. Loved the town to the point that my husband and I are seriously considering a retirment move there. We were all able to unwind relax, regroup and enjoy the glorious protrait that our heavenly Father has painted for us. The Pinnacle Overlook was so breathtaking. WE are from the Blue Ridge Mountain area of VA and thought there was nothing more beautiful that the BRM until we saw Cumberland Gap. Yep, we all are planning on a move down there within the next few years. God bless you all.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank nanaof7_Dublin_VA
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We were getting married in Cumberland Gap on a Sunday. Our group, about 20 people, all stayed at the Cumberland Gap Inn. Since I am the Bride, I stayed in the Pinnacle Suite. Upon arrival, everyone I came into contact with - from the person at the front desk, to the housekeeping staff - was very friendly and spoke to me. When I was settled into the room, my fiance noticed the toilet wasn't flushing correctly. It was "slow." We were on our way out to get the marriage license, so we just popped in at the front office to let them know. By the time we got back that evening (about 10:30), it was worse. The toilet would not flush at ALL and the bathtub had an inch or so of foul smelling water standing in it. We called the front desk. The girl there said the plumber was out of town for the weekend, but she came up herself to try to help. She offered to move me to another room, but it is the only suite they have, and since my wedding was the next day, I really needed the space. So she gave me the keys to a couple of empty rooms so that I would have a bathroom and shower available. Every time I passed a staff member after that, he or she would apologize to me for the inconvenience. After our wedding, which went off without a hitch (out doors in Beautiful Cumberland Gap), we returned to the suite - only to find a bottle of champagne chilling in an ice bucket, two glasses, and some candles, along with a hand written note of apology from the housekeeping staff. Even though the bathroom situation was completely horrible, the staff at the Inn did everything they could to help out and make our Wedding Weekend wonderful.
When/If you go to Cumberland Gap, you HAVE to eat at Webb's Country Kitchen. The food is beyond compare delicious, Sue (the owner) is awesome, and on Saturday night, you might get lucky enough to hear the live Bluegrass band! They rock!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank MacadamiaSC
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Great location in a real cool little town. Tried to stay at the local B&B but their lowest priced room (under $100) was booked and they would not let me stay in a more expensive room for the lower price. So....I went to the CGI and am very glad I did. Front and back spaces for sitting and a very service oriented front desk personnel along with a more than adequate room made this a good place to stay,

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro
Tazewell Motor Lodge
Tazewell Motor Lodge
#1 of 4 in Tazewell

Been to Cumberland Gap Inn? Share your experiences!