“Absolutely Wonderful”

The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We had reserved the entire bed and breakfast for our most special wedding day. They had exceeded our expectations and would highly recommend this facility for any occasion. Not only did we receive top notch hospitality, the rooms were awesome, location was brilliant, breakfast was like eating out at a 5 star hotel, what a cook she is. I would highly recommend this facility and plan to go back as soon as possible. The whole family welcomes you with open arms. Thank you again, Hester and Katrina.

Jeff & Kim Caudill

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 3, 2010

This place was a perfect new year's getaway for us. Each room is individually charming in it's own way. We stayed in the Creekside room one night & loved the place so much that we decided to stay another night, in The Suite...and was it ever sweet (the bed is to die for!). Very clean, great amenities, beds, bathrobes and bedding very, very comfortable. The food excellent. The family that owns & keeps this place are kind & generous people. There are loads of outdoor activities in this quaint, historic area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2009

At first I was hesitant to stay at a Bed & Breakfast since I usually stay at motels. As soon as I checked in, I knew this would be alot better then what Im used to! Greeted, asked if I would like coffee and pastries. When I went to my room it was above my expectations and super clean. In the morning, breakfast was also above my expectations. I was actually anticipating a continental breakfast. Instead there were plenty of juices to choose from, fruit salad, granola, bacon, baked french toast casserol and other delights. What a great way to start the day!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 4, 2008

My daughter and I stayed here the night before an LMU orientation since we live 2 hours away from the University. Because we weren't "vacationing", we would have been happy with spartan accomodations as long as the room was clean, the area safe and came at a reasonable price. I decided on Olde Mill based on other traveler's reviews of the area accomodations (which are few). This turned out to be a great choice. We stayed in the Dogwood Room: comfortable bed and meticulously clean. We especially enjoyed the whooshing of the mill wheel outside the window. It was tastefully decorated as were all of the rooms. The town of Cumberland Gap is quaint and we enjoyed exploring it. We look forward to visiting The Olde Mill Bed and Breakfast and the town/area again while my daughter is at LMU. The only drawback was the Webservation system used by the innkeepers. The confirmation came back quoting a price for the room that was $15 more than the inn website advertised. An email to the innkeepers cleared that up. Also, when making the reservation, there is a place to post special needs or requests for your stay. I had written a note that because we were needing to be at LMU by 8:15, we would need to have breakfast at 7ish. Other bed and breakfasts that I've stayed at have had a range of time for breakfast. This message did not get to the innkeepers apparently, because we found out when we got there that breakfast serving time was 8:30. So, we were unable to have the full breakfast that previous guests had commented so highly about. That morning, the hostess offered to prepare some biscuits for us and they were delicious on the run.

• Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank 59greatbooks
Reviewed October 17, 2007

We stayed at the Old Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast in Cumberland, Gap for one night. We stayed in the Log Cabin room - we loved it! It has a king size bed, sofa, and jacuzzi tub in the room. We even had our own outside entrance.
The couple that owns the B&B are really nice, as is their daughter!
We used their new deck to sit outside that evening to have a relaxing evening with a few glasses of wine.
Breakfast was wonderful with all of the other guests - lots of friendly conversation.
My only wish is that we could have stayed longer!!
Loved the town of Cumberland Gap, TN. Very small quiet town. Webb's Restaurant was wonderful!! Lots of home-cooked food!
We also ate at the Pine Mountain Resort about 15 miles away in Kentucky. The food was really good, but the service was really unfriendly.
I would definitely recommend the Old Mill Inn Bed and Breakfast if you are ever in the area!!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bandit
Reviewed October 16, 2007

We saw this place on the internet as we were looking for some place to stay in order to see Cumberland Gap National Park. Weren't sure about it, as we had never stayed in a B&B prior.
We booked two nights. We arrived early and were helped out right away. The owners was very nice obliging people. We had booked the Daniel Boone room because we told our grandson it would be a fun room. We would let him know how it was when we got back. It was a fun room. It was decorated just like it sounds. It had a queen bed and bunk beds. Pictures on the internet. There was a room called the suite that would be wonderful for newly marrieds or young couples. We had a very nice breakfast both days. It is in a very small town and right across the street is part of the trail in the National Forest . There is a little restaurant in town called Webb's Country Kitchen. Good for family or couples. I really would recommend the B&B to anyone who likes small towns.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WestIslip_NYTraveler
Reviewed October 11, 2007

This bed and breakfast, as well as the town, was a wonderful surprise. My husband and I were in the area for a wedding and booked a room at the Olde Mill as a last-minute gesture. The owner/innkeeper Jessica was extremely easy to work with and accomodating - put us right at ease! And the room, as well as the entire facility, absolutely charmed us. The millwheel gently grumbling away, the creek babbling down the mountainside, the park across the street offering shade and a quiet place to sit and have a snack, the easy and fun trail right near the B&B...my husband and I relaxed immediately and stayed that way all weekend.
The inn has a lot of history and all the quirky-cool details that go along with it. The breakfast was delicious - very filling and very tasty. The room was nicely appointed, clean, quiet, comfortable - and best of all, you get your own key to your room and the front door - total independent access. I love B&Bs that allow you that kind of freedom, and we loved the Olde Mill!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Middlesboro
Mount Aire Motel
Mount Aire Motel
#2 of 2 in Harlan

Been to The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!