“Disappointed”

The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I purchased a 2 nite deal thru living social. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen circumstances, I was unable to take advantage of the value of the deal--2 nites for the price of one. I was able to still use my voucher for "face value.". However, Katrina still charged me the extra charges for purchasing thru living social!!!--around $20-- So I ended up paying MORE for one nite stay than regular price.
We had difficulty ( as did the lady that checked us in) getting the key to work properly for our room.
Also, I was reading and enjoying the peaceful silence in the moring in the sitting area when Katrina arrived and brought a young child over and TURNED ON CARTOONS ON TV!!!! She did NOT ask if I minded and was not friendly! I do love visiting Cumberland Gap, but I will NOT Be staying here again! I DO NOT recommend this b&b.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jc B
There are newer reviews for The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Visited on anniversary. Probably the best place to stay in this neat little historic town. Accommodations were good overall happy with the stay, GREAT food. The neat thing about this trip was on Sunday we went to the Baptist church, after church we went to eat lunch at the little corner restaurant. Upon coming out it was raining but as we looked up towards the Gap we noticed it was snowing! We went through the gap to the
Kentucky side and snow everywhere. Back through the tunnel to Tennessee and rain on the other side. Truly amazing.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Derek D
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I bought a Living Social deal for The Olde Mill Inn and decided to plan a backpacking trip in Cumberland Gap National Historical Park to coincide with our stay. After backpacking in the rain and cold for a few days, this was the perfect refuge to end our trip. Check-in was easy and the staff was very friendly and attentive. The Inn definitely has a "homey" feel which my GF and I throughly enjoyed. They have a full breakfast every morning which is delicious. The town of Cumberland Gap is very small (which I enjoyed) and has plenty of hiking all around. The location of the Inn provides you with easy access to several trails and also the creek that runs through the mill. I would absolutely return.

Room Tip: I would recommend trying for "the Pinnacle". It is located on the 2nd floor and has a won...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ccur5743
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The excellent breakfast and the many assorted amenities at the Olde Mill Inn certainly are worth commendation, but they fail to fully offset the rather run-down and cluttered appearance of the facilities. While our bathroom had been nicely updated, the hot water valve in the tub could not be turned off and dripped all night. The hostesses were nice. The location at the base of the Pinnacle overlook at Cumberland Gap National Park is picturesque. The town of Cumberland Gap is quaint, but you will need to drive to Harrogate or Middlesboro for restaurants, movie theaters, etc. We probably will not go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike7803
thegapmill, Owner at The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

OH MY GOSH I am so sorry. The Town just put in new water system and getting them to shut off the water for us has been a big issue and we are at their mercy. Owning an historic property is a constant work in progress. When they put in the new bathrooms they did not bother to put shut off valves in all of the rooms. Something we are fixing. Changing season/holidays decorations is always a lot of work and boxes :). Our towns long time family Restaurant has had family health issues and is not open right now and when your town is only about 5 blocks it makes an big impact on all of us. ... but Cups and Brushes, the Tavern and the Sandwich shop are all open for business. Middlesboro luckily is only 2 miles away... I Still prefer Old Town Grill in Tazewell! Again we are sorry for any inconvenience.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I came to this b&b last Sunday tired & disorenitated after a long journey cris-crossing Tennessee. I was wondering why the hell I came here. However after chilling out in the room and a wonderful sleep I realised why I was here! This is a nice break away from the chain hotels that are all over the US. The breakfast was very nice and interesting. You eat with the other guests together. Getting water, fruits and chips for the hike was a very nice touch. I went hiking the next day in the Gap and learned a lot of why it was so important for settlers moving westwards to Kentucky & during the Civil War though there was little fought there. The Cumberland Tavern was a interesting experience in a good way!! It is also the first bar I know where it can only sell beer and little else. However we are in Tennessee! Big thanks to Cathy who was very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank tarzangav
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We only stayed just one night in Cumberland Gap but we were so pleased to have picked the Olde Mill Inn. It was all we could have hoped for. We stayed in the old cabin room, and, despite the fact that it is reckoned to be haunted, we had a great night's sleep. The ghost must have been having a night off! Breakfast was simply wonderful. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: The old cabin is haunted...!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at this inn on a Living Social deal. Hester and her daughter did a wonderful job making you fell right at home. Excellent location if you choose to do the hiking trails. Morning breakfest...OUTSTANDING!!! We stayed in the front parlor room. The view and the sounds of the running water, and the sound of the wheel turning put you to sleep in a heavenly way. Wonderful little city, Cumberland Gap, Go visit the people and there shops, and enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Wonderful place to stay. I`m sure all rooms are good. Grab them while you can.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Harlan
Cumberland Gap Inn
Cumberland Gap Inn
#2 of 2 in Cumberland Gap

Been to The Olde Mill Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!