“It felt like Broadway to me.”

Cumberland County Playhouse
Ranked #1 of 27 things to do in Crossville
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I was in Crossville, Tennessee over the last weekend with my extended family and was lucky enough to catch the last performance of "Annie Get Your Gun". Kellye Cash and the entire cast were superb. It was a memorable performance and the theater is small enough that the audience gets pulled into the play. I was singing along and I know that Kellye looked over at me and smiled.

All reviews
"great production"
"les mis"
"professional production"

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We go to 5 or 6 plays a year & have for several years. Have really enjoyed the musicals & comedies. OK so it's not Broadway but tickets are about $25.00 & parking is free so my wife & I have a fun afternoon for $50.00. We go to TPAC occasionally & it costs $200.00 for tickets & parking, god knows what it costs to go to broadway. To me it's a no brainer, glad to have this community theater.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

We live about 75 miles from the Playhouse and have never been. I wish we had gotten there sooner because Smoke on the Mountain was very professional and FUNNY. These actors are so talented, they all played instruments and sang. This may have been our first time but will not be our last. Make reservations well in advance, it sells out quick. It is set in a round seating and really there is not a bad seat in the place. If you make reservations on line the seating chart is confusing, I had to call to be able to make a good decision on where to sit.

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

My kids and I saw Shrek The Musical. Awesome! The playhouse is nice and cozy, not a bad seat in the house. Everyone was really nice, and the cast came out at the end to take questions from the kids. A must see if you visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2014

After seeing the Cumberland Playhouse advertised on TV for 10 yrs I finally got to see a play, Smoke on the Mountain. It's a cozy theater and appears that there isn't a bad seat in the house. The play was funny with lots of music. The seats are comfortable as well. I look forward to going back again and again.

1  Thank jeetn