“Horrible!”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Georgia
“Horrible!”
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Can't even describe how bad this place is. Avoid at all cost. Mold, mildrew, etc. How many ways can you say horrible!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank blong2200

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed July 28, 2007

Every word of this review is true-- If I hadn't lived it myself, I wouldn't believe it either. It was one comic problem after another.

I arrived at the hotel. Despite having a confirmation number, and a print out of the confirmation email, front desk clerk could not find my reservation.
Front Desk Lady, said no problem, I'll enter you a new one.
No, if you enter me a new one (this has happened before), without fullfilling the existing one, I'll get charged for a no show on that first one.
No, you won't.
Yes, I will.
So I call the Corporate Office--she confirms my concern.--Whatever you do, don't let her enter you a new one, b/c you'll still get charged for a no show on the first one--and you can't cancel the first one (because there's a 3 day cancellation policy) without getting charged either.
I tell Front Desk Lady that.
FDL says Corporate Office Lady is wrong--that COL doesn't know what she's talking about.
COL says she can see the reservation on her ARRIVAL screen, and there's no reason why FDL shouldn't be able to find it.
So I put COL on the phone with FDL, they argue a while, then hang-up.
COL resends the original reseravation, FDL enters it, and all is well.

FDL then runs my credit card, gets an approval (I can see the terminal from where I'm standing), but no receipt prints out.
So she asks to run my CC again.
No, you're not charging my card twice. You just charged it.
No, I didn't.
Yes, you did. (The customer is always wrong with this FDL..)
So, she calls the owner's wife, and says "This guy won't give me his CC again."
The owner wife says not to run any credit cards tonight, the machine is broken.
Now FDL argues with the owner...why didn't you tell me that? Etc. Etc.
FDL tells me to come in the morning, and the owner will give me my receipt.

I come to the office in the morning--there's no one behind the desk--I call the phone number--the owner comes out in his pajamas--the owner says he knows nothing of the problem.
I re-explain the problem to him, he says he'll look into it, and to come back this afternoon. (Meanwhile I call my CC and yes it was charged--no surprise, since I saw the Authorization Number).

I come back the the office in the afternoon. FDL is back. I tell her the owner said to comeback in the afternoon, to get my receipt. She refuses to look at my folio, to see if a receipt is attached.
She refuses to do anything, but tell me to wait in my room for the owner to call me.
So I go to my room.
Guess what? It wasn't cleaned.
So I go back down to the desk.
My room wasn't clean.
FDL says "I think you're delusional."
What?
She says she was not an idiot, she was a psyche major in college, and that I was delusional.
Now I'm mad.
I tell her, I'm not leaving the office until she calls the owner again, or I'll call the Sheriff because she refuses to give me MY receipt for MY credit card which she ran yesterday.
She calls the owner.
He apologizes, his CC processor is FAXing him a copy of my receipt, yes, I was right, I was charged, and as soon a s he gets the FAX, I could have my receipt. He also apologizes for the uncleaned room.
FDL gives me my "clean" towels--and I ask her if I should bring the dirty ones back down to the office for her--and she says she's "not housekeeping'" and if I have so many problems at this hotel why don't I go stay somewhere else.

All these interactions took up over an hour of my time. The owner was nice. It is obvious that the FDL is the problem. In every incident above, she was wrong--yet she argues with me, the CO, and the owner's wife.

As for the property--
Pool was closed.
FREE BREAKFAST was chocolate grocery store Dolly Madison doughnuts, and a jug of orange juice sitting on a table, unrefrigerated.
"Clean" towels were supposed to be white, but had brown stains all over them.
TV was a Crosley that was 20-30 years old.
Two of the three pillows had blood stains on them.
On the positive side, it had new carpet, and new curtains. It has a fridge and microwave.

There are too many other places in Crossville to stay for the same amount of money--or less. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank supplies

Travelers are raving about these Crossville hotels