“Awesome!”
Review of The Minister's Tree House - CLOSED

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We saw the "No Trespassing" signs, but we climbed the fence anyway! I never liked it when my kids said "Everyone is doing it!", but that is my excuse. I know, I know.....

Anyway, the treehouse is amazing. We made it to the seventh story. Everything felt solid and we saw no rotten boards. However, it could really be considered "unsafe" if you are careless. But there is no feeling of danger, except to get caught climbing the fence!

When we were about to leave, we saw a pickup truck drive up. The driver opened the gate. We figured that we had been busted! We were busted by the nicest guy you ever want to meet. The owner/builder/designer. He would love to keep it open for everyone, but he can't take on the liability. If we "trespass", he is not responsible. We had our picture taken with him and gave him a donation for his church. What an awesome guy!

Now, I'm not telling anyone else to climb the fence. Let's be clear about that!

4  Thank Vickys-Guy
There are newer reviews for The Minister's Tree House

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

As of June 2014 the Fire Marshall has closed the Ministers Tree House. You are not permitted on the property unless you are accompanied by the property owner. According to the local park rangers they are desperately trying to raise money and look for grants to fund the upkeep and repairs of the wooden tree house structure.

9  Thank Ericka H
Reviewed June 24, 2014

It's still closed, but we checked it out anyway. It's a really neat experience. Remember, if you go, to drop a little something in the donation box out front. Also, please, remember it's someone else's property, not to mention the hard work that went into it. Please respect that.

4  Thank Bonnie123162
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

Did I ignore the Do Not Trespass sign...Um yes, and I'm so glad that i did. (We weren't the only ones!) Bring your sharpie and tell the world you were there. This is the best, most exciting treehouse I have ever been in. Research this wonder, and find out why It was built. The chapel inside makes you feel like you are in the presence of God. I would go back again, and again. I highly recommend you ignore the sign and go think about Swiss Family Robinson on steroids. Ring the bells (tanks) at the top of the bell tower. Respect nature, and remember you are a visitor. The sign is posted to protect its owner, so watch yourself and your step, and remember it's not a solid engineered structure to run in. Oh, have a sit on the swing and have fun!;-)

2  Thank Crickycrick
Reviewed June 20, 2014

In 2012 we had the chance to visit. It was one of those things I'll never forget. When it reopens I will make a trip back down to Crossville just to experience it again.