“The place surprised me!”
Review of Halcyon Days - CLOSED

Halcyon Days
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been there once previously and was not impressed, but that was about 2 years ago.
I visited again because several of my friends were impressed with the quality of the food, the atmosphere and the cost. I agree, this was a very nice place and plan to return many times. Not sure if it had changed ownership, but whatever happened from the first visit was impressive..
You will enjoy this place. I promise!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We ate here with an AAA tour group that had made advance plans with the restaurant. The food was terrible and the service was worse, completely understaffed.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

wonderful food and prices are reasonable. atmosphere is great...it is a speciality restaurant in a small town. Homemade deserts are to die for. I have never had a bad meal at Halcyon Days

Reviewed August 2, 2013

This restaurant has a nice bar with a personable bar tendress. It's such a relaxing place to have a special dinner. We were a party of 6 couples celebrating a birthday and we were treated to excellent customer service. Our food was delicious from a generous portioned sirloin to my salmon cooked to perfection.

1  Thank Mary Jane T
Reviewed July 27, 2013

dined here using a restaurant.com coupon - so we went for the higher priced menu items

my wife and i both ordered rack of lamb but were told that there was only one order available - so as a replacement i went for the large pork chop...

the bread was fresh and tasty with the flavored olive oil provided

the salad dressings were tasty, but there were several pieces of wilted lettuce in both of our salads

the rack of lamb was very tasty and well prepared - very large portion

the pork chop was overcooked and dry - partially saved by the delicious sauce provided - again a very large portion

the roasted potatoes were interesting (several different kinds provided) but were a bit overcooked for my liking

the grilled vegetables served with both meals were tasty

we probably would have been better off going with one of the daily specials (which seemed to please all of those dining at a near by table) - the specials were very reasonably priced and appeared to be large portions

the waitress provided good/attentive service

the decor is strange and dated

1  Thank dabobo