“Very nice meal in a most unexspected place”
Review of Halcyon Days - CLOSED

Halcyon Days
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were visiting in the Crossville, TN area recently and ran across this little restaurant. They are located just off I40 at Exit 320 and are part of a little complex which includes an antique store, winery and, of course, the restaurant. We got there right as they opened for dinner (4 PM). Didn't quite know what to expect but we were pleasantly surprised. The decor is a bit upscale with table clothes, napkins and a most attentive wait staff.

We took advantage of a special (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday only) which included 2 dinners and a shareable desert for only $22. I had the 8 oz ribeye steak and my wife had the smothered chicken breast. Both meals were excellent - all the food was hot and nicely seasoned. My steak was a good quality and cooked nicely to my specified medium rare. Easy to cut and very tasty. My wife enjoyed her chicken. And we finished off with a nice piece of chocolate cake.

The service was very good also.

Overall it was a very good dining experience at a totally acceptable price. We'll certainly be back to try it again when we are in the area.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Overall, the meal was fine. Most of us had an Alfredo dish, one had rack of lamb, and one had a steak. The salad was fresh and tasty. The entrees were very good. A couple of us had carrot cake for dessert. It was yummy but not as good as my wife's. The service was adequate, but nothing special. The atmosphere is quiet and laid back.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

In general, has been the best "fine dinning" restaurant in town. I had my best prime rib (in TN) here and the rack of lamb was very good. Lunch menu is interesting and reasonably priced.

1  Thank BakerInTn
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Many people rave about Halcyon Days that we went back several times over the past 20 years that we have lived here, hoping we would get a delicious meal. We never did. Every single time the food was terribly disappointing. A supposedly upscale restaurant that does not serve a decent beer or have feta cheese for a salad is definitely not my version of a good place to spend our money! The prices are high. The quality is low.

1  Thank Arthur W
Reviewed January 16, 2013

It's next to the winery outlet and across the street from the Pilot truck stop. Serving excellent Italian food as well as steaks and seafood. The staff are very friendly. It's a pretty fancy place with a full bar.I didn't expect it to be so upscale when I dragged myself in but they didn't seem to mind my appearance. I think the food was very reasonably priced for the kind and quality of food they serve and there's a wide variety of options to choose. You'll be glad you stopped here.