“awfull”

Halcyon Days
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2011

asked if the duck was crispy ad tender--was told yes--came in barely cooked. ordered frnch onion soup--at 4.99 ,i got a bowl of broth aand 1 piece of cheese over a stale cruton. 20 minutes between courses and very un professional wait staff. vegas steakhouse on 127 has them beat by a mile

3  Thank mrael713

Reviewed June 8, 2011

My wife and I stopped in Crossville on our way to Nashville and were surprised to find a decent looking restaurant right off the interstate. We sat in the bar area on a Friday night at 6:00 pm and it was pretty quiet. I thought the premises were nicely decorated and the atmosphere was much more elegant than a chain restaurant without being stuffy.

I ordered apricot chicken off the specials menu. It was probably 6 oz and came with reasonable portions of green beans and fried potatos. The salad was fresh, crisp and well dressed with a house vinaigrette. My wife ordered a pasta dish (might have been spaghetti and clams) and the portion was too large to finish. Rolls were hot and fresh. House wine was fine and not overpriced.

Overall, we were satiisfied, if not wowed. I did notice a big difference in price between the specials and the regular menu. Specials seemed to average $10-12. Regular items were $20-24. We paid well under $50 all in (drinks, tax and tip) for a decent meal with wine.

5  Thank BamaVol
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We were very disappointed with the food here, especially after having an excellent meal the night before at another local restaurant. One meal was sent back - over cooked pork chop - and the other 3 were common. The service was weak and the host a smart alec @#* .

4  Thank CAPARONIS
Reviewed December 22, 2010

We decided to visit Halcyon Days because we had a Restaurant.com gift certificate and wanted to eat somewhere nice to celebrate our anniversary while visiting Crossville. We were disappointed with the whole experience. The atmosphere seemed stuffy and uptight. We felt as if we had to be in a whisper during our meal. The food itself was terrible. I ordered the steak and my wife ordered the shrimp scampi. The vegetables with the steak were just thawed and placed on the plate with not seasoning at all. The scampi consisted on six rubbery shrimp in a bland sauce accompanied by three vegetable ravoli on three pieces of asparagus. After the gift card, we still ended up spending $40 and left the restaurant hungry. We enjoy good food and are willing to pay for it but this was ridiculous. Of all the dining experiences we have had out over the years, this is one of the worst.

3  Thank cliftown04
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Just came home from a wonderful dinner at Halcyon Days. Had apricot chicken that was out of this world and my husband enjoyed the ribeye. Finished it off with homemade caramel ice cream. This food is great, don't know where the bad reviews came from, this wasn't the place I saw!