“So worth the trip!!! Must eat here!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stagecoach Place Cafe
Ranked #21 of 122 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
“So worth the trip!!! Must eat here!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

We were meeting friends in Crossville and looked at Trip advisor and went for it! This was the BEST food authentic Italian cuisine!!! We told waitress to just surprise us with food it was so WONDERFUL!! Who knew Crossville would have such a great place? It is a smaller homey feel inside. Service was great super friendly. Would recommend to all it was wonderful. Girlfriend with me is from Niagra falls and an Italian was overly surprised at how wonderful and authentic. Really must try deserts as well!!!

3 Thank Sun3girls

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Deliciously unexpected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Who would guess a smallish cafe off the traffic path on a weeknight would serve up gourmet quality dinner? We'll return.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank togsarepacked
Summerfield, North Carolina
“Best Gluten Free Pizza Ever!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Finding gluten free food while traveling can be a problem, so we were delighted to find this small family owned Italian-type restaurant near a state park in Crossville, TN. You have to ask ahead for the gluten free items, but it was worthwhile for us.

Foods on the regular menu were excellent, according to the other people in our group, and the owners/cooks visited with us in their small establishment.

This restaurant is not fancy at all, but very home oriented with really good food. A little off the beaten path, but if you are in the area, you should try it. (Not open on Mondays and Tuesdays.)

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Lynda W
“Favorite Pizza in Crossville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Pizza was excellent. Thinnish crust, very tasty sauce, not at all greasy. Had a sausage and mushroom. The mushrooms were thick cut and fresh. You can easily find cheaper pizzas in Crossville, but would you want to? Regardless, because of the quality, I considered it a good value.

The service, while not terrible, was not as stellar as the food. The person that took my order seemed bothered that I asked what kind of pizzas they offered. They do have a long list of pizzas, but I called at 4 PM, so I wouldn't expect them to be too busy to be helpful. Also, I ordered 3 hours in advance, which she said was no problem. An hour after I ordered, I realized that we could pick up the pizza and hour earlier than expected. So at 5 PM, I called and asked that it be ready at 6 (rather than the original 7). She said they could not have it ready earlier than 7. No big deal, maybe they were that busy, which I would consider a good sign.

All in all, a good experience, as the primo pizza outshone (outshone?) the service.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Apple H
Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“When were you there?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

There were 5 guests who had apps. pizza, pasta, & desserts. Service good atmosphere excellent food some of the worst we've ever had. I know we were at the same restaurant, but we couldn't even finish our meals? Guess I'll try again but when an app, entre, or dessert isn't good for even 1 out of 5 I'm going to have to be pretty darn hungry.

• Visited March 2012