“Food and Service Were Good”
Review of Genesis Italian Grill - CLOSED

Genesis Italian Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Description: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Genesis-Italian-Grill/121066377907418
Kentucky
“Food and Service Were Good”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This restaurant was located by the Save-a-lot across the street from the outlet mall. After shopping, it was dinner, so decided to stop in. This restaurant is located in a strip mall. The dining room was one big room. One side of the dining room had some lattice hanging from the ceiling and some decorations in order to make it look festive. Actually, it looked a bit tacky. It seemed like most of the employees I saw were older women. The waitress did a good job and the food did not take long to come to the table. My wife ordered the pesto chicken. It was a generous portion that was mostly bow-tie pasta and not very much chicken. I ordered some sausage dish with a sauce that starts with a C that I had never heard of. It tasted more like brown gravy than something Italian. They brought fresh bread to the table and left a saucer of olive oil with oregano. The bread was actually the highlight of the experience. I walked out thinking it was OK, but not sure if I would return for a second chance.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank GulpingGormet

“Best Italian in town”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is the best italian food in town (not really fair because there is not much else)....their sauces are fresh, their meatballs are delicious and I have never had a bad service experience there. I have visited this restaurant probably 50 times since retiring in Crossville...I wouldn't be going back if I didn't like it. Their food style is completely different from the Stage Coach...some will prefer the more authentic italian food at that place, which is also excellent, to the Genesis Italian Grille, but not me. And...you can bring your own wine to Genesis and they are very supportive of that. They have also been very supportive of our community, especially in their support of a low-cost spay/neuter program with a fund-raising meal special. Definitely worth a try.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank BakerInTn
Dayton, TN
“Pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Not familiar with Crossville, we found this little gem hidden in the Save-a-lot strip mall. We enjoyed a tasty and affordable lunch of baked ziti, vegetable primavera and Creme brûlée. The waitress (Taylor?)was friendly, food was good and place was very clean. We would visit again.

1 Thank Angel J
Crossville, Tennessee
“Get the chef's specials”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We used to eat here often but are now on a special diet and can't eat wheat, beef, pork or shrimp. However, when we did go there for meals we enjoyed chef special meals which was far superior in quality to any other restaurant in the area at prices which were very low for that caliber of food. In fact, one evening they featured cioppino which was the best I've ever tasted at less than half the price charged in other Italian restaurants in other towns.

People have told us their pizza and also their lasagna are great, but we never tried them. I did order their crab meat ravioli with their "white sauce" more than once and it was incredible. The same thing can be said for their Italian sausage meal.

What the heck. Just go there and eat!

1 Thank Arthur W
Crossville, Tennessee
“I always feel like family”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The people at Genesis are always sweet and friendly. If they recognize you as a prior customer it's like being welcomed back home. The food, especially the ziti is very good.

Visited September 2012