“Nothing fancy but the food is good.”
Review of Big Boy's Barbeque

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Big Boy's Barbeque
5409 Peavine Rd.
Crossville, TN 38571-7910

Nothing fancy but the food is good.

Stopped in here while we were in the area over Labor Day weekend (8/30/14). Had several people tell us about their “Big Stuffed BBQ Baked Potato” so we decided to give it a try. Wife ordered one with BBQ Chicken. I got the pulled pork sandwich with beans and potato salad. A friend got one of the Potato’s with pulled pork.

There is nothing fancy about this place. Your order and pick up at the counter. They do a lot of ‘carry out’ and we, even though we were ‘eating in’ received our meal in a ‘to go’ container with plastic utensils. Regular booths and chairs with interesting mix of decor. Too bad I didn’t get some pictures.

The Potato was definitely enough for a meal and had sufficient quantity of meat. Sandwich had a lot of meat and adequate helping of beans and potato salad. Everything was good to very good and prices although not cheap are average for this type of BBQ.

Wife tried the ‘banana pudding’ which was good but could have used more bananas (in her opinion). Was fresh as the wafers were not soggy.

1  Thank Richard E

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Loved the setting inside. The booths and everything are very clean and all the artwork and decor is very quaint and quirky. It just was inviting and fun. Absolutely LOVED the stuffed baked potato (with pulled pork). It was awesome and big enough to make a meal and possibly leftovers for later too!!!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

The stuffed baked potato here is delicious. The potato is huge, so it's all you need for a meal. The potato comes with butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, and pork OR chicken (your choice) on top. They also add chives, but I request mine without chives. The amount of meat they add to this potato is amazing. You also get a choice of sauce; sweet, mild, or hot. I prefer the sweet sauce. Even the mild is too hot for me. The service is always friendly very fast. If you order to go, they will make it right in front of you and it's super quick. They also have a wonderful banana pudding!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've had the Brisket and the pulled pork and both were very good. Friendly staff and clean restaurant. I will go back again. Great place for brisket and close to Fairfield Glade

1  Thank Plsport
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I ordered the rib plate which I ate about 1/2 the ribs on it as they were super fatty and greasy. Those who know me know I don't like to waste food. I threw 1/2 them away. My wife and daughter ordered the chicken sandwiches. It wasn't burnt however it was as dry as if it was burnt. My son ordered their specialty. A baked potato with the chicken in it. He noticed as it was getting prepared they added 2 huge scoops of butter I guess trying to mask the dry chicken. I'm sorry I wouldn't eat here again if it was free.