“okay, not great”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We arriveed one hour prior to closing and were greeted by friendly owners. The dining room is creatively decorated with memorablia and is attractive. Our food arrived quickly but was not hot. I'm sure it would have tasted much better if it had been warmer. Probably will not go back again.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I have been there several times, and we most frequently get the BBQ plate without bread. It includes choice of 2 sides (we mostly get the potato salad and slaw). What will impress you (aside from the great taste) is the size of the serving of pulled pork. There is always enough to take some back to your room or put in your refrig for another moderate meal or snack. You have choice of one of 3 BBQ sauces....Mild, Sweet, and Hot. We get the sweet and really like it. The dessert specialty is banana pudding. It's very good also. We share the medium size for $3.00 and it's plenty for both of us. The atmosphere is unique impossible to look at all of the collection.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

My husband had the ribs and I had the baked potato with chicken.

Cons - My husband said the ribs were "mushy" and lacked a little flavor (he said it seemed like they didn't put any seasoning on it). My baked potato was good, and I liked the idea of just a huge baked potato with chicken and cheese and topping it with BBQ sauce. However, the flavor of the pulled chicken alone was nothing to write home about.

Pros - I did enjoy their sauces, especially the "hot" one which wasn't that hot, but hot enough, and still had good flavor. The sides were really good, especially the baked beans.

All in all we enjoyed our visit but were expecting more from a southern BBQ place as far as the flavor of the meat itself. It was a okay place to stop for lunch along our drive.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The stuffed potato was HUGE and delish.. the ribs fall off the bone & the sweet sauce was SUPER tasty!!!!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was the first place we ate while visiting Fairfield Glade. I must eat gluten free & the owner personally checked every ingredient he used in what I ordered to be sure it was gf. On the next 13 trips to the Glade, this is where we ate. We eventually bought a home here & now this is the go to place for BBQ especially the stuffed baked potato. I can't believe one reviewer said they were pricey. The stuffed baked potato was $4.95 for several years & I always got 2 meals out of it. Just recently they raised the price but it is certainly worth it!