“Good choice at the end of a grueling day on the I27 yard sale. ”

'The Beef and Barrel Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #8 of 124 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Local restaurant - do not believe they have a website
Hoover, Alabama
“Good choice at the end of a grueling day on the I27 yard sale. ”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

I'm giving the Beef and Barrel 3 stars only because of the food. If I were just rating Tiara, our server, I would have given 5. She was really great.
Having had a full day with no 'real' food, we were pleasantly surprised when we discovered we had come in during the Early Bird Specials. Many offerings, around $10, included bread, soup or salad, one side and ice cream. We were hungry! The food was good, not great. The homemade New England clam chowder was delicious, the salad was very good and the dressing tasted homemade. My 6 oz New York strip had no seasoning whatsoever, but was tender. My husband's chicken fried steak was good, as was the gravy.
The decor is very dated and dark. The darkness does not disguise the nastiness of the floor, which is carpeted. Very unappetizing. Like I said, Tiara (I'm sorry if that's spelled wrong!) was great. Very attentive, very helpful and so polite. She gave us a pleasant ending to our day on the 700 mile yard sale.

“Yummy”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

My husband I were visiting family in Tennessee. They took us to the beef and barrel. Was nicely surprised. Food was good. Prices were reasonable. Definitely would go back again. Service was very very good.

Westland, Michigan, United States
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

We frequent this place quite often. The service is outstanding and the food is even better. If you're ever in Crossville, you must visit this restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
“Best meal in a week spent in crossville area”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Title speaks for itself. I ordered the rib and steak combo. Ribs where outstanding. Must try the ribs. Steak was a bit tough but I could over look that with how good the ribs where. Again the ribs are a must. Enjoy.

Visited July 2014
Buffalo, New York
“Best Place to Eat in Crossville”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I eat here regularly. Everything they serve is very good, plain cooking with a twist. This is what I'd describe as a modern pub - alcohol served by the drink with a bar in back, but mostly restaurant seating, tables or booths. The service is friendly and efficient (most of the time - big parties can cause delays). I've eaten here with numbers in my party from 2-10, and always been satisfied. The owner of this restaurant owns two or three others in town. Soups are a specialty - try the Reuben soup for an original and delicious side. There are plenty of salads, and fresh fruit is available as a side, as well. This used to be the only place in town you could get a Reuben sandwich, and theirs are still the best. The loaded potato skins are also spectacular, and you can order your fries extra crispy. They have a varied menu and a great, down-home atmosphere. I'm in one group that goes here for lunch every single week. Try it, you'll like it!

• Visited June 2014