“Good wings, average meatloaf special”

'The Beef and Barrel Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #8 of 128 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Local restaurant - do not believe they have a website
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The wings are very good. I had the breaded wings (they offer "naked" and boneless as well) with the parmesan garlic sauce. They were big, crispy, and the sauce was very tasty. 10 more than filled me up, which is to emphasize that they are big.

Another visit, I had the meatloaf lunch special. It came with mashed potatoes and corn. Mashed potatoes were bland. Corn was overcooked. Meatloaf was okay.

The atmosphere is warm, homey, a bit dark. I wouldn't go there for the atmosphere, though my grandpa might.

There servers were friendly and very efficient.

1  Thank AppleH325
There are newer reviews for 'The Beef and Barrel Restaurant & Lounge

Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you are going to eat at this restaurant, do yourself a favor and order the hamburger. This will accomplish two things: you will eat a pretty good hamburger and you will stay away from the other overpriced and underwhelming options on the menu. I've eaten here quite a few times and have always been disappointed with my food except when getting the burger.

If you are a soup fan, there always seems to be a wide variety of pretty good soups available.

Burger and a cup of soup? This might be your place.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Great Atmosphere...GREAT RIBS...A Little Pricey For The Portion Sizes..But Still Good Food and Staff. Would Take Family Here To Eat.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The appetizers were so good and the waitress was great. Our steaks were overdone and we did not have time to wait for another to be cooked. order the steak less than normal.

1  Thank lisa m
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Went there twice to eat in a week. First time was during the week and the food was good for all of our party so we were encouraged by our first experience. It wasn't crowded and the service was good. The second time was during the weekend. It was pretty busy and the room was too warm (hot outside and AC could not keep up). Other members of our party said their food was average to good. I had the broiled seafood special and it was the worst meal I have had in Crossville. The lobster was too old and had an ammonia odor and all the other items (shrimp, muscles and clams) wereover cooked. I expected better. After 2 visits, I would say that you may or may not have a good experience here depending on when you go and what you eat. Good luck.