“Wonderful Setting in Yesteryear: A Novel Dining Experience”

Forte's Restaurant on the Square
Ranked #1 of 123 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
US
“Wonderful Setting in Yesteryear: A Novel Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

This restaurant is open two nights, Friday and Saturday, for dinner and lunch Tuesday to Friday. I went of Friday night and was seated immediately even though they were quite busy. Reservations might be wise for a larger parties: 931-787-1744.

The setting is early 1900s with original brick walls, tin plate ceilings and wide woodwork. Very interesting and unusual. A novel dining experience.

The menu included soups, salads, burger, sandwiches, pastas, pork chops, steaks, seafood, and chicken entrees. There are plenty of choices for any and everyone.

I ordered the CHICKEN ON THE SQUARE which is a house specialty. The entree was served with soup (clam chowder), a wonderful dark wheat bread (baked on site), potato (baked), and vegetable (broccoli). For the most part the food was plentiful and very good. I was a little disappointed in the entrée. It was heavy and was a little tangy/strong flavored for my taste. Remember to save room for dessert. Fortes tempts you with a wonderful tray of desserts to choose from. The meal was reasonably priced; the entire meal, beverage, and dessert with tax was $24.25. I carried out more of my food than I could eat plus a generous slice of cheesecake.

My server, Gina, provided attentive, excellent service.

1 Thank UStravelmaxx

Pinckney, Michigan
“A little gem in Crossville.”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stopped in for lunch during the US127 World's Longest Yard Sale last week. Food was fresh and delicious. The service was great. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience. We will definitely go back.

1 Thank BrablecCougar72
Prince George, Virginia
“Glad we trusted reviews.”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Good food and ample portions. Service fine. Attractive interior--just a little noisy. Had their signature dish with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts in asiago cheese sauce on pasta. Great choice!

1 Thank GG_BP
Jamestown, Tennessee
“Good food - good value”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My wife and I made reservations for lunch at 1 pm. Arrived on time, and hostess offered to seat us at one of the center tables, which we didn't think would work because of the noise of guests on both sides. I told her we'd prefer a place as quiet as possible, and she asked about a table that had just been vacated but hadn't been cleaned yet. She said "It will be just a minute while I clean the table." We agree. We waited less than three minutes and were seated in a corner by a window. We were treated with individual attention, though they didn't know that we were celebrating our 53rd wedding anniversary on that day. Our server took our orders and continued to serve our table with water refills until our meals came. Both of us enjoyed what we ordered, both were seafood specials, but different entrees. Food was very good, and the desserts we ordered were really good. Portions were liberal for lunch servings. We will go back for lunch, but are really looking forward to having an evening meal there.

1 Thank WillBea2013
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We were here for the 127 sale. It was our first time using a trip advisor recommendation. it was very busy, so we were seated in the bar. The warm bread and butter was excellent. My partner had the chop and really liked it. I had the grilled chicken and shrimp. The sauce was out of this world! My only complaint, take the tails off the shrimp. We enjoyed our meal and will return next year!

Been to Forte's Restaurant on the Square? Share your experiences!