“Good food - good value”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Jamestown, Tennessee
“Good food - good value”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My wife and I made reservations for lunch at 1 pm. Arrived on time, and hostess offered to seat us at one of the center tables, which we didn't think would work because of the noise of guests on both sides. I told her we'd prefer a place as quiet as possible, and she asked about a table that had just been vacated but hadn't been cleaned yet. She said "It will be just a minute while I clean the table." We agree. We waited less than three minutes and were seated in a corner by a window. We were treated with individual attention, though they didn't know that we were celebrating our 53rd wedding anniversary on that day. Our server took our orders and continued to serve our table with water refills until our meals came. Both of us enjoyed what we ordered, both were seafood specials, but different entrees. Food was very good, and the desserts we ordered were really good. Portions were liberal for lunch servings. We will go back for lunch, but are really looking forward to having an evening meal there.

1 Thank WillBea2013

“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We were here for the 127 sale. It was our first time using a trip advisor recommendation. it was very busy, so we were seated in the bar. The warm bread and butter was excellent. My partner had the chop and really liked it. I had the grilled chicken and shrimp. The sauce was out of this world! My only complaint, take the tails off the shrimp. We enjoyed our meal and will return next year!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Go downtown for good food.”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We've always eaten around the outskirts of Crossville... never again! The salmon and the pasta dishes we ordered were delicious. The portions are large and flavorful. The dark bread served hot was well worth a calorie splurge. The staff is accommodating to dietary issues and more than willing to ensure you are more than satisfied with the dining experience. All other diners on this Friday night were locals (always a good sign) and the place was packed. Fortunately we had made a reservation and only waited a few minutes to be seated. Because of the amount of customers I was concerned that we would be waiting a long time for food, but the service and the kitchen worked seamlessly. Skip the outskirts -- it's only a few more miles to drive downtown and Forte's Restaurant on the Square is definitely worth it!

2 Thank Seamus416
Atlanta, GA
“Great choice whether you are a local or tourist”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Just across from the Courthouse in a restored storefront, Forte's was packed for Friday night dinner and deservedly so. I had the grilled salmon - delicious and healthy with a salad, green beans, and a baked potato. A dark bread served warm was fabulous. All well done and served by a terrific waitress. Nice people and the food was very good - we would definitely return again.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lazonia
McKinney, Texas
“Great burger”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We had lunch there yesterday. It was packed (as was everything else in Crossville, I expect) because it was the first official day of the World's Longest Yard Sale. We waited about 15 minutes for a table.

I had a really great hamburger. I mean really good. It was fresh, the condiments were generous (not a micro-thin slice of tomato, but a nice thick slice!), thick fresh beef patty cooked exactly the way I ordered it. My girlfriend ordered their salad trio (actually, there were four salads, but who's complaining?). it had a scoop of chicken salad, a scoop of tuna salad and cole slaw served over a green salad with cheese. She said that it was quite good.

The service was a little slow, but like I said, the whole town is on overdrive for this yard sale, so we took that with a grain of salt. Everyone there was friendly -- staff and other customers, too.

We had a nice time, out of the heat. OH . . . the iced tea was stellar!

It's located in an historic building on the square -- quite lovely with exposed brick walls. They have a sheet describing the historical significance at the counter that you can check out if you'd like.

1 Thank WednesdayNightGirl

Been to Forte's Restaurant on the Square? Share your experiences!