“Square Meal, Square Deal on the Square”

Forte's Restaurant on the Square
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Crossville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Vero Beach, Florida
“Square Meal, Square Deal on the Square”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We arrived for a late lunch, and were seated right away, given menus and began searching. As usual, my husband and I ended up ordering the same thing...aww...could it be because if we order different things, I always want a bite of what he has? At any rate, we asked about the lunch prime rib, which was described as grilled. Our wait person explained that it was partially baked, then heated on the grill, so it would be medium rare rather than the rare that I had requested. I cautiously decided to order it anyway, and was happy that I had. It was fork tender and flavorful. Even though it was quite thin, there was so much that I had enough to share or save. The entree came with two sides. Our salads were small, but flavorful, with mixed greens, carrots and tomatoes and a delicious Italian dressing on the side. It was served with a basket of two small homemade white rolls which I enjoyed a taste of. My other side was penne pasta with a garlic butter sauce. I was pleased that the garlic did not overpower the delicate taste of the sauce. This time we did not have dessert, but I'd love to come back to do so sometime, as everything else was so very tasty and well prepared...dessert has to be good, too!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank snorkeloki

JH, Wyoming
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Was visiting Fairfield Glade and asked a local for a restaurant recommendation and boy am I glad I did. Fresh fish (grouper and mahi mahi) perfectly prepared and very reasonably priced. The chicken pot pie soup was something special. Friendly service in a comfortable, casual setting. Will return anytime I am in the area.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sandy V
Vero Beach, Florida
“Great food, more than enough.”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We went to the 400 Mile Yard sale and stayed in Crossville, TN. Forte's is just off the main street. Plenty of parking. We went there for lunch. The portions were huge. The prices was right. It was crowded but we did not wait long when we told them we would sit on the bar side in a booth. The menu is very extensive, (prices between lunch and dinner is significant). I can't imagine what the portion would be for dinner, the one I had for lunch was more than enough and we really could have split - I had chicken something. It was delicious. The staff was excellent and the place was very clean.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank jonbarb
South Carolina
“Great food”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just happened upon this place when hungry for lunch. Stopped a local who states she ate here every week. Each dish wonderful. Cool original brick walls, but it is time to change the fake plants. Definitely a place to return to eat again.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank shorttrips60
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Jersey Italian! Yea!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My Italian husband from Boston loves Forte's on the Square! The owners hail from New Jersey, so after discovering this place, we invited a couple of our Italian "east coast transplant" friends and went up to Crossville to try this place out. We loved it, and we will be back! All of us enjoyed our dishes very much. Keep in mind, this is an Italian restaurant and order accordingly and you won't be disappointed! My fave was the mediterranean chicken; yum! Call for reservations, especially Fri/Sat. nights.

• Visited February 2012
6 Thank cookevillegal

Been to Forte's Restaurant on the Square? Share your experiences!