“the barn i have always loved”
Review of Wildwood Stables

Wildwood Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Wildwood Stables is located at Fairfield Glade Golf Resort. The trails are excellent and the scenery is beautiful. Highly recommend this trail. They also have hayrides with excellent food and a play area for kids. It is perfect for families. There is an amazing 200 year old sycamore tree! The tree is recognized by the Urban Forestry Council in Nashville, TN on October 5, 2012, as a Landmark and Historic Tree. It was planted in 1864 by Hugh Center. The homestead was located along Walton Road which carried travelers across the state. Many famous people stopped by the Center home. The site was also had a school house/chapel and was the hub of activity in the area. The tree stands 94 ft. tall and is 16 ft. in circumference, with a crown spread of 165 ft. The tree is a wonderful place to marry with couples pledging their eternal love. Prayers said under the tree is believed to go straight to heaven. The TUFC has recognized 32 landmark, historic and heritage trees across the state to date. Wildwood Stable is also a stop on the Upper Cumberland Quilt Trail. The pattern chosen is called "Crossed Roads" which is significent to the heritage of the area and Tennessee.
Reviewed April 7, 2013

my name is Megan Heusinkveld and I am 15. I have been riding at this barn since I was a year and a half old. I started out with pony rides and now I know the 45 minute trail ride by heart. I have to say this is my favorite place to be when I visit my grandparents condo. I live in Ohio and yes I ride there. one reason I love this barn is Mrs. Judy. I love her and look up to her so if you visit the barn look her up you won't regret it.

7  Thank MeganH104
ShellyCrossville_TN, Owner at Wildwood Stables, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I shared the review with Miss Judy and she was just thrilled that you would take the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. She told me stories about when you were just a little girl coming to ride and how wonderful it was to see you recently. She couldn't believe how grown up you are now! Miss Judy is a very wonderful horse lady and friend. We love her too and couldn't run the stables without her. We call her the horse whisperer. You come and visit us anytime at Wildwood! Happy Trails to You.

There are newer reviews for Wildwood Stables

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visit Wildwood Stables every year when my mother-in-law and I take my children and neice to Fairfield Glade Resort for a week in the summer. The trails are always well kept and the trail guides are always helpful in pointing things out and explaining how to keep your horse on task. For younger riders, they will mount a horse and the staff will lead them around the farm yard. This past June was the first year all of us got to ride the trails together! The staff is always friendly and helpful and truly in love with what they do.

4  Thank angelobaxter
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Having had our own farm and horses, I'm not a fan of trail rides, but this is a good way to spend an afternoon with visiting grandchildren. The facility was clean, the horses look well cared for and the staff was very helpful and solicitious both in making sure that every one was seated properly and also during the ride. A bit costly but a very nice amenity for this resort community. The kids had a good time!

4  Thank Arthur W
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We wanted to do something different during our annual family Tn vacation and decided to try horse back riding. We were not disappointed. It was an awesome experience for our family of 4 that includes 2 teenage girls. We did the short trail which lasted about 45min. It was perfect for beginners. We plan on coming back and doing the longer trail in the summer.

2  Thank firestorm91
Reviewed December 9, 2012

They are very kind. The WildWoood stables are beautiful. The horses are amazing. We had our wedding there in August and we had an amazing time there. The people that work there are awesome. I would consider the wildwood stables anyway If You wanna have fun. They have beautiful sights.