“OUR 2 day visit to Comfort SUITES”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I travel alot and this was by far the nicest motel I have stayed in. Very clean. Employees
exceeded their help and friendliness. I would stay here for every trip to Crossville. We had two rooms as we had family with us due to a death in the family.

Room Tip: We had 2 rooms and they were both great. 2 queens and a rollaway
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kay Z
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Kay Z thank you so much for your wonderful review.

We all really appreciate you taking the time to leave comments about our property and are delighted you had a great stay with us.

Once again thank you - come back and see us soon we will have the fresh baked cookies and coffee waiting for you and your family !!!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Being as this was the weekend of the 127 yard sale, every hotel raised there prices by 3x's. This made this hotel completely overpriced! The staff was nice and knowledgeable. She tried hard to make the stay as comfortable as possible. The room had a very musty odor, I went to Walmart and bought a bottle of vinegar & filled cups with it in order to try to freshen the room. It helped however a good cleaning would have been better! Several of the pillowcases appeared dirty and when I checked the mattress pad it had hair on it. If there were other accommodations we would have taken them. One could smell the overpowering odor of chlorine from the hotel indoor pool, since it was so strong we did not even attempt to go in it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your review.

I am so sorry you had some issues with your room, it is always our aim to provide our guests with an enjoyable stay. All of our rooms are large modern suites and our hotel was recently updated with brand new carpets, new curtains and flat screen televisions. We are always looking at new options and ideas to give our guests a more pleasurable stay - plans for a new sweet shop are being drawn up as we speak. Our breakfast was also recently updated and is the best we have ever offered and guests have given us high praise for this.

We do care about our guests and on recent inspections scored fantastic results, We were inspected by the State Inspection on our pool on the 7/30/12 and we scored 100%.

I do understand your comments about our rate increase, however, I wanted to assure you that we only increase our rates 3 days out of the year! The 127 Yard sale sells out the whole of Crossville every year and the demand for rooms is so high that rooms have to be charged at a premium. We do try to keep this competitive and we were one of the lowest priced on this exit, we do try to offer great value for service! We provided extras on these days too to show our guests appreciation for staying with us, we had extra snacks, bottled water and food laid out all afternoon till 11 o'clock at night.

Please come back and see us and I will arrange a deluxe upgrade for you. We would love to see you back with us sometime soon where I personally guarantee you a wonderful stay with us.

Many thanks

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were looking for a hotel with an indoor pool after traveling for 12 hours in the car. The staff was great, the room comfortable, and my 4 year old had a great time in the pool. Tons of restaurants in the area is a plus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Scott thank you so much for your wonderful review.

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Our room was great. Clean and smelled nice. Pool was fun for my kids. The breakfast was very good also. You can make fresh waffles.

We stopped at a different hotel first, left & came to this one.

Awesome place!

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for your kind review !!

We are so glad you enjoyed our facility - the waffles have been a great success so much so that we added an extra flavor.

Come back and see us soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was not sure what to expect by reading the previous reviews for the property. We enjoyed our stay. This is probably one of the nicest Comfort Suites where I have stayed. The bed was comfortable--slept better than normal in a hotel. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly. When checking out we were greeted very warmly by the houscleaning staff. Breakfast was good with your standard fare plus cooked eggs and sausage.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking time out to review our hotel, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

All of of staff are very proud of our property having won Choice's Gold Award for the last 7 years in a row and I am so pleased you experienced what makes us award winners - clean comfortable rooms - great staff service - beautiful property and staff with a friendly smile.

Please come back to see us on your next trip to Crossville and we will have the fresh baked cookies and coffee waiting for you.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We drove into Crossville, 2 1/4 hours from Nashville and the hotel was right off the exit and easy to find. Our room, on the bottom floor was large, clean and comfortable bed.They have non-smoking rooms and ours had a king-sized bed. Nice strong showerhead flow and modern bathroom cove. The sink area was separate, which is nice for secondary use.
Check-in with Linda was smooth. She answered all our questions. The first night there, my husband and I used the whirlpool to relax after a long drive...then cooled off in the pool.
The next morning I checked out the breakfast room. They have Everything there!-cereal,juice, bagels, yogurt, fruit, omelettes, bacon, hot cereal, and make-your-own waffles...plus of course coffee and tea. Sharon, the breakfastroom staff kept the room spotless!

Room Tip: Our corner room 114 was conveiniently not far from ice machine/vending....we never heard noise from...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review, we love to hear back from guests and I am delighted you had a good stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed our new improved breakfast! We have added to this with so much more choice and options and its rewarding to see you enjoyed this.

Please come back and see us soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a nice property with clean rooms. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was tasty. The pool left a little to be desired... it was indoors with a highly chemically treated spa (to the point of having a layer of floating foam). The odor from the spa made the entire pool room unbearable for any length of time. Add a child or two and the noise level in the completely tiled room rises to near deafening. Being from Florida, I realize this is a pool in an area that gets cold several months of the year, and is indoors for year round use. That is a plus.

I don't want to come off as a whiner... this may not affect many travelers... My only REAL complaint regards the excuses I heard when we returned to our room at around 4pm on the second of our three day stay. Our room had not been serviced by housekeeping. When I called the front desk, I was told housekeeping was gone and there was no way to have anything done about it. I voiced my complaint (without raising my voice) and agreed to go down to the front desk for a fresh supply of towels.

Here are the details... and the reason I was dissatisfied with the hotel's poor excuses. We slept late (for us) and went down for breakfast at about 8am. We removed the DND sign from the key-card slot on the door. We noticed 2 housekeeping carts working our floor of about 24 rooms. We were downstairs for about 45 minutes. When we returned to the room, we placed the DND sign back on the door so we could shower and dress for a funeral we were in town for. We walked out of the room at 11:40 and, again, removed the DND card from the door. Both carts were still working the floor. As I said, we returned around 4pm. When I questioned the woman at the front desk, she checked the housekeepers log and told me our room had been checked at SEVEN-THIRTY in the morning and our room was SKIPPED because our DND sign was still on the door... at SEVEN-THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!! Setting that fact aside... when I asked why there had not been a second attempt, I was told that the housekeepers could not "keep checking" on rooms with DND signs on the doors. (because 12 rooms where too many to check??!!??) The housekeepers log showed that our floor had been completed at 11:30am. I did not get an answer when I asked how all rooms were serviced by 11:30 when check-out was just 30 minutes prior. My biggest question was... If check-out is 11 am and check-in is 3pm... why was my room skipped at 7:30am and never attempted again?

Well... that's my issue with this hotel. Take it for what it's worth. A single night stay probably won't have an issue.

Btw... the next day... we made sure we removed the DND sign as soon as we got out of bed... we didn't want to be blamed for our room not being serviced AGAIN!!

Room Tip: The "King Suite" was roomy and comfortable. 2nd floor highway side had no noticeable road...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BWDscott
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your review - I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to see you liked the property and our clean and comfortable rooms - we really pride ourselves on our attention to detail and cleanliness. We have recently re-vamped our breakfast and its always so rewarding to see guests enjoying the additional choices we have included !!

I was concerned that you had an issue with the Do Not Disturb signs and I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize. Our housekeeping staff start work at 8.00am and do all of our check out's first, any guests who are staying over for more than 1 night have their rooms started at 11.00am. We do this to allow our guests time to wash, relax and get breakfast before we attempt to complete any housekeeping in their room so as to prevent disturbing anyone. Housekeeping will check throughout the day to see if the DND signs have been removed.

I am sincerely sorry that your room was not cleaned on your first night - I was made aware of your concerns by front desk and I personally made sure you received service the next day at the time of your choice. Again I am truly sorry for any confusion regarding the do not disturb signs.

We always want our guests to leave happy and exceed their expectations so I do hope you come back to see us - please contact me and I will be delighted to upgrade you to one of our deluxe hot tub suites!!.

Thank you again.

Suzanne Moffat - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
Hampton Inn Crossville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Harriman
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#4 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!