“Perfect time”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Williamsburg, VA
“Perfect time”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We were looking for a hotel with an indoor pool after traveling for 12 hours in the car. The staff was great, the room comfortable, and my 4 year old had a great time in the pool. Tons of restaurants in the area is a plus.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Scott thank you so much for your wonderful review.

We all really appreciate you taking the time to leave comments about our property and are delighted you had a great stay with us.

Once again thank you - come back and see us soon we will have the fresh baked cookies and coffee waiting for you and your family !!!

Suzanne Moffat - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Our room was great. Clean and smelled nice. Pool was fun for my kids. The breakfast was very good also. You can make fresh waffles.

We stopped at a different hotel first, left & came to this one.

Awesome place!

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for your kind review !!

We are so glad you enjoyed our facility - the waffles have been a great success so much so that we added an extra flavor.

Come back and see us soon.

Kindest regards
Suzanne Moffat (General Manager)
USA
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Was not sure what to expect by reading the previous reviews for the property. We enjoyed our stay. This is probably one of the nicest Comfort Suites where I have stayed. The bed was comfortable--slept better than normal in a hotel. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly. When checking out we were greeted very warmly by the houscleaning staff. Breakfast was good with your standard fare plus cooked eggs and sausage.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking time out to review our hotel, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

All of of staff are very proud of our property having won Choice's Gold Award for the last 7 years in a row and I am so pleased you experienced what makes us award winners - clean comfortable rooms - great staff service - beautiful property and staff with a friendly smile.

Please come back to see us on your next trip to Crossville and we will have the fresh baked cookies and coffee waiting for you.

Sparta, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We drove into Crossville, 2 1/4 hours from Nashville and the hotel was right off the exit and easy to find. Our room, on the bottom floor was large, clean and comfortable bed.They have non-smoking rooms and ours had a king-sized bed. Nice strong showerhead flow and modern bathroom cove. The sink area was separate, which is nice for secondary use.
Check-in with Linda was smooth. She answered all our questions. The first night there, my husband and I used the whirlpool to relax after a long drive...then cooled off in the pool.
The next morning I checked out the breakfast room. They have Everything there!-cereal,juice, bagels, yogurt, fruit, omelettes, bacon, hot cereal, and make-your-own waffles...plus of course coffee and tea. Sharon, the breakfastroom staff kept the room spotless!

Room Tip: Our corner room 114 was conveiniently not far from ice machine/vending....we never heard noise from...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review, we love to hear back from guests and I am delighted you had a good stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed our new improved breakfast! We have added to this with so much more choice and options and its rewarding to see you enjoyed this.

Please come back and see us soon.

Kind regards
Suzanne Moffat (General Manager)
Clermont, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a nice property with clean rooms. The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was tasty. The pool left a little to be desired... it was indoors with a highly chemically treated spa (to the point of having a layer of floating foam). The odor from the spa made the entire pool room unbearable for any length of time. Add a child or two and the noise level in the completely tiled room rises to near deafening. Being from Florida, I realize this is a pool in an area that gets cold several months of the year, and is indoors for year round use. That is a plus.

I don't want to come off as a whiner... this may not affect many travelers... My only REAL complaint regards the excuses I heard when we returned to our room at around 4pm on the second of our three day stay. Our room had not been serviced by housekeeping. When I called the front desk, I was told housekeeping was gone and there was no way to have anything done about it. I voiced my complaint (without raising my voice) and agreed to go down to the front desk for a fresh supply of towels.

Here are the details... and the reason I was dissatisfied with the hotel's poor excuses. We slept late (for us) and went down for breakfast at about 8am. We removed the DND sign from the key-card slot on the door. We noticed 2 housekeeping carts working our floor of about 24 rooms. We were downstairs for about 45 minutes. When we returned to the room, we placed the DND sign back on the door so we could shower and dress for a funeral we were in town for. We walked out of the room at 11:40 and, again, removed the DND card from the door. Both carts were still working the floor. As I said, we returned around 4pm. When I questioned the woman at the front desk, she checked the housekeepers log and told me our room had been checked at SEVEN-THIRTY in the morning and our room was SKIPPED because our DND sign was still on the door... at SEVEN-THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!! Setting that fact aside... when I asked why there had not been a second attempt, I was told that the housekeepers could not "keep checking" on rooms with DND signs on the doors. (because 12 rooms where too many to check??!!??) The housekeepers log showed that our floor had been completed at 11:30am. I did not get an answer when I asked how all rooms were serviced by 11:30 when check-out was just 30 minutes prior. My biggest question was... If check-out is 11 am and check-in is 3pm... why was my room skipped at 7:30am and never attempted again?

Well... that's my issue with this hotel. Take it for what it's worth. A single night stay probably won't have an issue.

Btw... the next day... we made sure we removed the DND sign as soon as we got out of bed... we didn't want to be blamed for our room not being serviced AGAIN!!

Room Tip: The "King Suite" was roomy and comfortable. 2nd floor highway side had no noticeable road...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BWDscott
, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your review - I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to see you liked the property and our clean and comfortable rooms - we really pride ourselves on our attention to detail and cleanliness. We have recently re-vamped our breakfast and its always so rewarding to see guests enjoying the additional choices we have included !!

I was concerned that you had an issue with the Do Not Disturb signs and I just wanted to take this opportunity to apologize. Our housekeeping staff start work at 8.00am and do all of our check out's first, any guests who are staying over for more than 1 night have their rooms started at 11.00am. We do this to allow our guests time to wash, relax and get breakfast before we attempt to complete any housekeeping in their room so as to prevent disturbing anyone. Housekeeping will check throughout the day to see if the DND signs have been removed.

I am sincerely sorry that your room was not cleaned on your first night - I was made aware of your concerns by front desk and I personally made sure you received service the next day at the time of your choice. Again I am truly sorry for any confusion regarding the do not disturb signs.

We always want our guests to leave happy and exceed their expectations so I do hope you come back to see us - please contact me and I will be delighted to upgrade you to one of our deluxe hot tub suites!!.

Thank you again.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I got a $30 discount on their usual $100/night rate through a local realtor. Visually, this hotel is very nice and the rooms are very spacious. The breakfast was varied and plentiful. And that was it. The hotel is right next to I-40 and, naturally, my room faced the freeway. I couldn't sleep because of the traffic noise and the hard mattress. For $100/night, I would have expected a softer mattress. I asked to be given a room away from the freeway and was given a room facing a gas station which was very brightly lit all night and also had a lot of noisy traffic. The mattress in the second room was even harder than the first, so I requested a comforter which they gave me and which I folded over twice just to have enough cushioning. There is a "business center" with ONE very old computer and a printer. I was able to use it a few times but on about the 4th day, I was getting kicked off as soon as I opened a web page. This happened about 10 times in 30 minutes. It was late at night and I told the front desk clerk who called the IP. This person messed around with the computer twice, claiming it had been fixed but it wasn't. Completely frustrated, I went to my room and tried to use my tablet. Just getting connected to the Internet in your room is a nightmare. On that night, they actually asked me 2 trivia questions before connecting me (at 1 AM!!!). I told the front desk clerk, and she just said that they were planning on changing the IP. The faucet water also was not drinkable due to a sewer smell. The indoor pool was very small and the room was like a sauna. Beyond the pool room was a tiny patio with a few lawn chairs. One day, I decided to try and relax outside but there was the deafening noise from the freeway and, because that wasn't bad enough, a pump on either side of the chairs. After a few minutes, I decided to go back inside but the door wouldn't unlock with my room key. So I had to walk around the hotel on large gravel and grass and went in the front door. Then I told the front desk clerk that they should warn people that they get locked out when they go out on the patio, and her response was, I should have put a rock in the door. Well, since she knew I was going out there, why didn't she tell me that BEFORE I was locked out??

Since it was essential that I could research real estate on the computer during my stay which was impossible much of the time, I find this hotel overpriced for what they offer. Might have been better if I had stayed at the Super 8 next door.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any good rooms if you're bothered by noise and bright lights. Hotel is much...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Moni D
, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you had issues whilst staying with us, our rooms are all very spacious and our location off the interstate is usually a great convenience for our travelling guests - I apologize if your room location was not as expected however I am pleased that when you requested a room change we immediately fixed that for you. Our rooms and bedding have won high praise helping us win Choice's Gold Award for 7 years straight but I appreciate your comments and assure you I will personally check the mattress in the room you had an issue with.

We always want our guests to leave happy and if you contact me directly I will upgrade your room on your next stay and promise you a great return stay with us !!!

Thank you.
Kind Regards
Arkansas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Our stay at this hotel was great. Very large and clean room on the ground floor (we usually don't get that request honored). The perkiest and friendliest breakfast room attendant I have ever seen -- no grumpies allowed there !! Very attentive desk staff gave us a great recommendation for dinner just across the road from hotel. A great place to stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms would have more view -- we like ground floor for convenience.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GeneralManagerTN310, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
What a wonderful review !!!!

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review us on TripAdvisor everyone at the hotel appreciates your kind feedback.

We really try to go above and beyond for our guests because we all care about the quality of your stay, when guests request certain room types/floors etc we strive to make sure that any special requests are met and that we can exceed your expectations and I'm glad to see you experienced that.

Please come back and see us and I promise we will make your stay the best we can.

Suzanne Moffat - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
Hampton Inn Crossville
#4 of 12 in Crossville
Super 8 Crossville TN
Super 8 Crossville TN
#3 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!