“Don't ever stay at this hotel”

Red Roof Inn Crossville
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Murrells Inlet, SC
“Don't ever stay at this hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

My husband & I stayed here back in April. Major mistake. I had booked a king smoking room on their site. However, when we arrived there, we were told there was only 1 king smoking room there, and it had been booked since April 1. Since it was so late & we had been driving for 9 hours, we agreed to accept a double smoking room. The lady at the front desk gave us the key for Room 215. It was on the 2nd floor, and there are no elevators. We had to drag all of our luggage up the steps to the room. When we opened the door, we found that Room 215 had not been cleaned that day. The beds were unmade, there was trash in the trash cans, & cigarette butts still in the ash trays. We had to drag our luggage back down the steps to the car and drive back to the front desk because the phone in that room wasn't working. They sent us then to Room 217, but we had to again carry our luggage up the steps. On 4/30, when we were ready to check out, I discussed the problems with the gentleman at the front desk. He apologized for the problems & took my phone number so that the manager could call me and give us some kind of a discount for all of our trouble. He said that his mother was the manager, and he was sure that she would make it right. However, we never heard from her ever. I tried to call, and I wrote a letter, but without success. This motel is very inefficient & has total disregard for the customers. You don't want to stay here!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
daysinn10387, Manager at Red Roof Inn Crossville, responded to this review, July 17, 2011
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your recent visit at our Days Inn.

Our Sucess is measured by our guest having a pleasant stay. We strive to provide excellent service and accomodation at affordable price. Thank you for taking the time to let me know we improvement is needed so that we may continue to maintain our standards.

When I got in the office, it was brought to my attention what happened to you and I immediatley adjusted your bill as the front desk promised you. Please check your statement for the adjustment. I was gonna call you to inform about the discount but you were on your way home.

Once again we are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. If there is anything else we can assist you please do not hesitate to call.

Mila Huard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

Reasonable rate. Room fairly clean. Pool was out of order and it was high 80's. Suggest you ask about pool and they should tell you when you make reservations if pool is working. There is a nearby state park with a nice pool for four bucks a day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Kingsport, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

I have stayed at Days Inn hotels in many locations and have found them to be a mixed bag. Some of them are nice and some not so nice. I was looking for an inexpensive stopover and found this hotel to be clean, well-kept and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

First, we were doing the "World's Longest Yardsale" this past weekend so, all other hotels were booked. Shame on us for not planning ahead....shame on them for taking advantage of us and charging $160 per night for the room. But, we were glad to have a place to crash.

The room was horrible! Well, the room itself was not to bad. It was the bathroom. It was nasty! Not only has it not been well maintained, there was what I assume, and believe, to be mold all behind the toilet where there must have been a bad leak. If that was in fact mold, they have a big health issue on their hands.

I left word for someone in management to call me but have yet to hear from them.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ellproptoo

Travelers are raving about these Crossville hotels

connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

I have an enjojable stay with this hotel. The staff makes you feel you're home. I am very satisfied with my room, its clean and nice. The location is fantastic, its behind cracker barrel and waffle house which I did not go often for breakfast because the breakfast at the hotel is very good.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
billytate0
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

We were traveling through TN, and got one of those coupon books at the rest areas. We were pleasently surprised that they had a room at the coupon rate. It seems that most of the time, there "aren't" any rooms left at the lower rates. In any case, the rooms were nice and had all the things you expect and don't expect. I mean the room had everything you would need on a trip from an iron to a refrigerator for left overs, to a coffee maker so you don't have to go to the breakfast area in the morning. The furniture looked like it was new and the bathroom was clean. Overall, this was great hotel even if the cost was 25% more.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Bishop
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

It was just amazing!!
rooms were clean and silent, the carpet seemed to be almost new. the lady at the desk was very gentle and we had a very nice stay
we''ve traveled all around the country for so many years and i can firmly say it's not easy to find such a good place at that price!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
Quality Inn
#9 of 18 in Cookeville
Super 8 Crossville TN
Super 8 Crossville TN
#3 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Red Roof Inn Crossville? Share your experiences!