“Stay Away!!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Crossville
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Reviewed September 1, 2010

My husband and I were on our way to Austin, TX from Washington, DC and decided to stop in Crossville, TN. We saw the LaQuinta hotel which appeared nice from the outside, but a nightmare once we checked in. The placed seemed very dirty and when we pulled the covers back on the bed, we discovered one side of the bed had horrible stains on the sheets and the sheets actually looked like they had never been washed or changed from the previous guest. We checked out immediately and the manager stated that "We are not perfect and sometimes we miss things like that..." Are you kidding...you sometimes forget to change nasty soiled sheets from previous guests???....Unacceptable!!!! Beware and stay away from this place. We went ended up at the Holiday Inn Express which was very, very nice.....and clean!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank dat1123
rajmanibholedada, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Crossville, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

this is not our hotel picture. he posted on wrong place and wrong hotel

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I have read some of the most recent reviews about this place and thought maybe I was at the wrong place. Here are my observations; 1.) They are flying a tattered American flag in front (2) You can't get into the back door without getting water dripped on you from the second floor air conditioner- there is mold and mildew running down the entire wall (3) Dirty bathroom loor (4) Questionable carpeting (5) Mold by bathtub (6) Very poorly kept grounds - mostly weeds (7) Barely passable breakfast - didn't dare try anything other than the coffee and toast. With a Hampton Inn, a Comfort Inn and a Holiday Inn in Crossville, the only reason anyone would stay here is because they accept pets which is this hotels only redeeming quality. Traveler beware.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JJSBCITY
Reviewed April 17, 2010

My teenagers and I stayed here while visiting friends on our way to Florida for spring break and was very impressed to this hotel.
The room was quiet and very clean. I was especially impressed with the bed linens. They were vere luxurious/high end. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2009

The hotel treats everyone the same, with respect. Complementary breakfast was designed to meet the needs of the special diet. My Husband is diabetic and he had the eggs he needed for breakfast and was able to compl;ete the meal without going to another place, Rare for hotel chains! I have arthritis, so after a long trip I need a hot tub to just be able top move. they have a very nice area with a pool and a hot tub inside, a nice plus. The staff treats you like each person is the most important there. High;y recomend

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2009

When I payed nearly $100 I thought it would be very nice, I was wrong. A friend of mine used to stay there when going to the flea market in the area, she explained that the old owners were the ones who tacked up the good ratings from the past. This place reminded me of an average $40 per night highway stay over late at night.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FleamarketHunter
Reviewed September 3, 2009

This was about the 3rd time we have stayed here and it is definitely going downhill. They do the best they can but they need new beds, new pillows and you can really see through the towels. Breakfast is barely passable but they really should get bigger coffee cups (they must be about 4 ounces). I usually bring my own. Also, when you walk in you get that "cleaning solution" odor that is probably better than smelling dirty but it can be annoying. The best thing I can say is that they take pets and that means a lot to us.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJSBCITY
Reviewed July 16, 2009

First thing upon arrival I was told they had a maximum weight for pets of 25lbs- our dog is about 50lbs, but I told them we had made the reservation online and we had been staying in LQs for 5 of the last 6 nights and never had anyone said there was a weight limit. The manager said he would waive the limit but there would be a $20.00 nonrefundable pet deposit, and again I told him that is not what LQ states on their website and no other LQs had charged us one ( I don't mind paying a deposit and had paid one the night before at another hotel chain- just don't hit me with it when it was not previously indicated). He agreed to waive the pet deposit and told me pets can stay only on the first floor, which was completely fine with me as I know not everyone likes to be in a room where a pet has stayed- just seemed like he wanted to try to antagonize us over this. The manager conceded on both the pet weight limit and deposit, but I don't want to hassle with someone on vacation. It was so odd about the weight limit because we saw several dogs that were easily over 85lbs after checking into our room?
If this had been our only problem at the hotel then I could still recommend them. However the room had two beds that looked like they were no more than 18" high- very cheap appearing and covered with the oldest covers. When I turned down the bed there was a very worn blanket with rips in it and the sheets were almost to the point of being rags- moved to the other bed and no rips were found, just worn bedding. The pillows seemed to have been washed and then they turned into the smallest and lumpiest of "pillows"- by no means did they resemble bed pillows. The towels in the bathroom were nearly rags as well. This hotel needs to spend some money on updating as it is really looking worn. I can say the place was clean and housekeeping seemed to be doing all they could to make the rooms clean. The manager was cordial when I protested his policies, although he clearly was not keen on my objections. If staying in Crossville again, and we did not have our dog with us, I would not stay here. With our dog then it would be a reluctant okay for a stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple