“Terrific experience”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Terrific experience”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Raj and his family went far beyond their job requirements to make our stay an enjoyable experience they treated us like family. The rooms were clean , the breakfast buffet featured a fresh quality variety of foods

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Old Hickory, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2013

If you check out the rest of my reviews regarding hotels when traveling for work... you'll notice that I'm not expecting the Waldorf when traveling to small Middle Tennessee communities... and you'll discover that I'm typically not all that hard to please.

But the more I think about my experience with this La Quinta hotel... the more and more outraged I get... as I have (for the first time in 60 years) been accused of stealing from the room.

While traveling for work, I had a reservation to stay at this hotel for four nights. Work plans however changed and after two nights I attempted to check out around 2 pm on the 3rd day/night. They charged me for that extra night. I wasn't thrilled about that. As for my coworker that I was traveling with, who had made his reservation through hotels.com, they refused to do anything for him and he was going to have to pay for all four nights.

So much for any customer consideration and/or service. They are clueless about treating customers. When traveling for work, I repeatedly stay at those places where I have been treated fairly and been given reliable service. That ain't happening here.

At this point I still probably wouldn't have given this hotel a bad review. The room and breakfasts were so-so. I do wish my coworker would leave a review because he had minor problems with his room from the get go.

Now, for the icing on the cake... I discovered that, on top of having to pay for an extra night, they have charged my credit card an extra 30 bucks. When I called to inquire about this extra charge, the person on the phone summarily explained that the charge was for taking (stealing) the room's coffeemaker.

This is outrageous! Housekeeping had reported that I had taken the room's coffeemaker.

When I travel for work, I always take along my own coffeemaker. I tend to wake up very early each morning and don't want to rely on whatever crappy little coffeemaker might or might not be in the room. Hell, yeah... when I checked out I took my coffeemaker. All I can figure is that the housekeeper somehow decided my room had the one and only real, full-sized coffeemaker in it, and that I had taken their coffeemaker.

Oh yeah... hotels.com refunded my coworker for 2 nights. So La Quinta in Crossville didn't get to screw him for the extra night.

Trust me... I will never darken the doors of this or any other La Quinta! La Quinta has lost a good, reliable customer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony P
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The person at the desk was friendly and helpful at check in. Room was disappointing, Heat & Air unit under window was dirty (vents). Also, it's the type where the fan runs all the time unless it's cut off. I much prefer ones that cut on and off as needed. I forgot my ear plugs, and was awakened by alarm next door, walls not very sound proof.

Pet policy is a little more restrictive than than most La Quintas. Dogs only allowed on first floor, which has no King beds. Did not see this info disclosed when making reservation.

The breakfast may have been OK for some, but for us it was the worst we've seen in a while. No yogurt. No bagels, doughnuts instead. No half & half for coffee. No attendant on duty.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wolfe City, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed one night and we slept on comfortable beds but there was a very loud fan in the bathroom that we could not turn off. It bothered my husband but not me. We saw the owner the next morning and he was most distressed that we didn't call the front desk. He advised us that if anything bothered us in any hotel we should always call.

The hotel is old but very well kept. The rooms are clean. Breakfast is adequate. The jaccuzi is hot and bubbly. We couldn't ask for more except for alittle less fan noise in room 325!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Charben57
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay at this location. Always clean and very quiet! Great location and close to plenty of places to eat. It was centrally located for us to make our short trips to Jamestown and Pall Mall and then to Historic Rugby the next day. We will stay there again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We were very satisfied with our stay at the La Quinta in Crossville, TN. We would definitely stay there when in the area again. We would also recommend it to any of our friends. We travel a lot on business and pleasure and have stayed at a verity of hotels including some of the top rated chains. We were as comfortable at La Quinta in Crossville, TN as our stay at a hotel at 5 times the cost.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gourock, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2013

stayed one night and found a friendly welcome at the hotel - great situation just off the main road, yet not near any neighbours so had a quiet night. Hot jacuzzi after teatime was a treat. Room was very comfy and seemed to have new carpets, very nice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Valerie W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
Comfort Suites
#3 of 12 in Crossville
Red Roof Inn Crossville
Red Roof Inn Crossville
#8 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Crossville? Share your experiences!