“excellent hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Crossville
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is an excellent hotel right off interstate. Very nice and reasonable. Staff was more than accommadating to my needs and even offered to help me carry my luggage inside. Hotel has nice indoor pool with hot tub. I would reccommend this hotel to everyone. I definately would stay again and hope that I get the chance too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kelly s

A La Quinta traveler
Saint Joseph
Reviewed April 19, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I love that La Quinta's accept pets. We stopped in Crossville during a cross country venture.

For the price, you can't really expect much, but the hotel was barely decent. When my husband and I came into the room, we felt dirty and greasy. I took off my flip flops and walked on the carpet... it was sticky and had a weird feel to it. Nonetheless, I refused to walk around barefoot... it felt that the place hadn't been truly cleaned for months.

The bathroom was a nice size. The bathtub also had a pretty remarkable mildew smell. I wish I would have had shower shoes to take a shower in because I didn't trust that there wasn't all sorts of stuff and bacteria in the bathtub.

We stayed here just for convenience. It is located just off of the I-40 which was nice. The grounds that surround the hotel are not well kept and there was trash everywhere outside. After staying at this sub-standard La Quinta, my husband and I need to be more mindful of which ones we stay at. Not all La Quintas are treated equal!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Paulding, Ohio
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have never experienced such friendly, informative, honest hotel staff as my husband & I did in Crossville, TN. @ La Quinta. The manager "Rauj" was so wonderful with his wonderful personality. We are looking for a get away home in Crossville, so Rauj took the time to tell us so many things about the city including maps, etc.

We went across the street to have breakfast @ Waffle House & as we got in our car I noticed I did not have my wedding ring or my other ring on, I was in a panic because it was then I remembered laying them on the bed in our room (I know not a smart move) We drove back to the hotel & told Rauj what happened, he got the room key but the door was already opened & housekeeping had already been there, I was just sick knowing my rings were not going to be there (I say this because of a previous experience I had @ another hotel long ago ) but there they were on the dresser, I was so thankful & blessed in having not only a wonderful hotel manager but the housekeeping staff as well. Rauj located the young lady so I could thank her for being such an honest person.

We will always stay @ La Quinta hotels when possible, this is the first time I have ever written a review on a hotel but this experience needed to be written.

Shirley & Don Clemens

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here on transfer from Penna to Arkansas because of pet policy. Rooms were clean and quiet and located just off I-40. Elevator didn't work so had to walk up to third floor. Hotel could definitely use some updating. Rooms were cheaper than in Cookeville, Tn, but not sure I would sty here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on backside of hotel are away from interstate.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here because of location, indoor pool for the kids, and pet policy. Although the reviews looked okay, when we went to the room, it reeked of dog and felt extremely dirty. The bedcovers felt grimy and had dog hair all over them, and smelled like they hasn't been washed in weeks. The sheets on the bed were one layer of 100 thread count that had probably been washed over 100 times. You could see your hand through them. The pillows were completely flat. The bathroom shower water was brown the first 30 seconds of running.

The manager seemed kind but this hotel needs a steam cleaning and a complete overhaul.

The pool was alright but there were some sketchy folks in there drinking beer from glass bottles (not allowed), our kids played for a few moments and we decided to leave.

We were up at 5am to leave, we didnt want to stick around to be disappointed by breakfast.

We won't stay here again. Crossville was a halfway point in our travels--next time we will just go further and find a more decent place.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked a 2 night stay here, thinking the reviews looked ok. The woman at the front desk was pleasant, however the room was filthy including the bathroom. Immediately upon walking into the room there was a heavy smell of air freshener that seemed to get into my mouth. The room was dark and the carpet was stained in many places and clearly had not been vacuumed. The bathroom was filthy, many public restrooms appear cleaner. We left after 10 min, there was no way I could spend 2 nights in that filth. We went to another hotel in the area that was rated well and had a terrific stay. You get what you pay for, end of story!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple