“Frequent customer”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Crossville
McDonough, Georgia
“Frequent customer”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and family have stayed here for years even before it was called La Quinta. We have purchased property in the general area. The owner Raj has treated us as family over the years we have made several suggestions and all have been considered and or done by the next arrival time. The beds have all been redeone and all new linens over the years. He does accept pets but only in certain rooms as to not inconvienence his others clients. We have no pets and stay in a very nice and clean rooms The breakfast is cereal and pasteries- biscuits & gravy- sausage coffee & juice for the person who wants to be catered and served there is a cracker barrell and shoneys up the street. The owner greets us on a first name basis and is very accomodating to all visitors. He calls to make sure you have everything you need to make your stay comfortable. My only complaint is I like a stronger coffee than they serve and he has offered to make coffee especially for me to my families taste. I recommend this hotel highly. For all

Room Tip: We stay on third floor for a king bed in non smoking and second floor double beds when we have our...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tracey C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed here and although the owner tries the issue will be if you have a pet you can expect bad pet owners. My wife and I noticed stains on the carpets and overall just felt not clean BUT you gotta look at the pet issue. Was it okay but if You want comfort it's not here but we needed a place for our pet. The quinta at Texarkana was much better! Still perks to the owner at trying to make it work. It's a uphill battle at times so give me a break and expect a night for your pet

• Stayed February 2012

Travelers are raving about these Crossville hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed here recently for business, really not as bad as some of the reviews claim. Check in was pretty easy. I booked with priceline (bid 45) and when checking in I spoke with the manager (Raj - nice enough guy) about booking directly with them - priceline makes hotels pay them an 18% commission and priceline also adds commissions and fees to winning bids, so I really paid $62. We worked out a deal so I can book directly with him from now on and we both come out on top.

Place is pretty nice, located right off of the exit (rt 40) indoor pool, "fitness" center, "business" center, free breakfast, free wifi. Wifi was good, pretty fast. The fitness center isn't great. There is a tv, a treadmill, a strange manual row-type machine, a broken stationary bike, and one of the worst all-in-one weight machines I've ever used. There is a pull down bar, a leg extension attachment, and a chest press attachment. It is completely rigid, and cannot be adjusted at all, so when doing pull downs you cannot get a full range of motion because the handles for the chest press are in the way. It also only goes up to 100lbs. It must be designed for kids/women, because if you are any bigger than 5' 10" 170lbs, you cant use it.
But, the place was better than nothing.

The room was pretty nice, could use some updating. Good linens, clean room and bathroom. Lots of towels. Fridge and microwave in room. Old tube tv and also a pretty old hvac unit. I was comfortable and had plenty of room. However, I did not sleep one wink. Not sure why, bed was comfy. I dont think it had anything to do with the hotel. Just one of those nights.

Breakfast wasn't bad. Breads/pastries, some strange egg looking items, sausage, and those do it yourself waffles that are never good. Also cereal, juice, coffee, etc. Again, better than nothing.

The "business" center, as I refer to it, is just a computer at a desk in the lobby. Sure you can browse the internet and download/view files for microsoft office, but there is no printer/scanner/copier. This was a major letdown. I needed to print some important documents and I could not. I tried to see if there was a printer at the front desk I could use, but there was nobody attending to it and I refused to wait more than 10 minutes.

That's where the main gripe comes from, the service. Raj, the manager, seems to be the nicest of guys. He also seems to be an owner/operator that works very long shifts. He was there at 1pm when I checked in, 10pm working in the lobby, and he was there at 6am for breakfast. He might be spreading himself too thin, because if he has to go handle something, there is nobody at the front desk. This was a bummer because I needed help up front in the morning and there was nobody there, and I needed to check out and there was nobody there, and I was in a big hurry to get to other appointments. When I initially checked in I was looking forward to staying here everytime I came to crossville, but after the situation in the morning I need to go to a more reliable place with better business amenities.

Still a good place for personal travel or families. I would recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Baldwyn, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and I were traveling through Tennessee checking out antique shops when we spotted the La Quinta. Our room was neat, clean and comfortable. Most surprising was the wireless internet, the connection and speed was MUCH better than I expected. I was able to do everything I needed to and did not loose connection once! We also enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast. RaJ, the manager made sure the breakfast area was clean and well stocked through out the breakfast hours. Everyone was very nice. Our stay was very pleasant. we will be back.

Room Tip: I would recommend this place to anyone. Family or business travelers alike would find comfort here.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martha Hopper S
Manning, South Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I was in town for my mother's funeral. When my husband and I inquired about a room, the manager, Raj, was very nice, very friendly. We told him we needed a room for two nights and he quoted us a price with our AAA Discount. It seemed fair, so we took the room. It was clean and comfortable, the continental breakfast was good. The second day, my sister and her husband also checked in, and were told he would give them the same rate he gave us. When we were checking out, again with Raj, he wasn't nearly as friendly (bad day??), and the total was much higher than we expected. Basically, the rate he had quoted had been "per night" (which he neglected to point out, but to be fair, we didn't ask, either. We assumed it was for the whole stay since we had told him "two nights"). We asked him what the normal rate was, as opposed to the AAA price, he told us a price that was $20 above what their website said. We asked my brother-in-law what he was charged, and he told us a price lower than what Raj told us the "normal" rate was, but higher than what we were told. It felt to us as if the rates were dependent upon Raj's mood. The price we paid for one night would have been a fair rate for both nights. So, while the room was nice, comfortable, and basic (nothing fancy), and the food was adequate... we were left with mixed feelings about our stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask whether the rate is "per night"
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Buttahfly
Weston, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Smelly place - old beat-up furniture - dust-filled, disgusting vent staring me in the face as I took a shower. Weird old plastic plants all over as decoration. Place needs a major overhaul. I couldn't wait to leave-and they charged me $169+ for this delight, a lot more than a way better competitor down the road the night before. Don't waste your money, there are way better hotels!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I have stayed in the La Quinta Inn in Crossville, Tenn for 3 years when I pick up my girls from camp. The owners have always been so kind and accommodating with any requests I have.
Joining rooms, coffee, fridges and microwaves are convent in the room. The rooms have always been clean and plenty of towels in the bathrooms.

They have a beautiful continental breakfast every morning with waffles, biscuits and gravy, bagels english muffins etc... The chidden have always enjoyed the INDOOR POOL and if you have large party and would like to visit they have a conference room (large).

MOST IMPORTANT: HONESTY I left my wallet in my room and they searched for me till they found me and returned my wallet with all of its contents....THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crossville
Comfort Suites
#4 of 12 in Crossville
Super 8 Crossville TN
Super 8 Crossville TN
#3 of 12 in Crossville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Crossville? Share your experiences!