This was our first experience with a Holiday Inn properties and it was terrible.We took a last minute trip and all the other hotels nearby were booked...next time I will sleep in the car. I will begin with the small items first...I made my reservation by phone and when I asked for an email confirmation, the agent suggested that she simply TELL me the confirmation number...when we checked out, we were not given any type of receipt, nor was I given a copy of the forms that I signed upon checkin....all bad business...of the four lamps in the room, two were unplugged and two did not work at all...the bed sagged badly on both sides but the very worst and most legitmate concern was that When we opened the door to the room, an awful, mildew/mold smell hit immediately..strong enough to burn your eyes...we would have complained and asked for another room immediately, BUT the hotel said they were sold out..so that was not an option...we tried turning up the AC in hopes of clearing up the smell but to no avail...and soon we saw the reason...(I don't know the underlying cause of the moisture which caused the mold, but I suspect it was well known to the management as it looked as though the room had been very freshly painted (covering up???)) We discovered a moldy spot on the ceiling above a framed picture and the picture itself had mold growing on the inside of the glass and on the picture as well as the matt...I took pictures to document this issue....it is surely one for the health department. The smell persisted all night and when we checked out, our clothes even smelled of it...I am CERTAIN that there have been other complaints...in addition to this we had to pay extra for a 'suite' because we were told that there were no other rooms left...an exorbitant price for a room with public health issues.
Again, we did not inform the person at the desk (it was around 10 p.m.) because with the lack of other rooms to move into, we were stuck. I had planned to email HIX and get their response before posting this, but I just sent them and email and got a confirmation from them stating that it could be up to 21 days before I got their response....didn't want someone else to get into this same situation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crossville, TN is conveniently located to the central business district, championship golf courses, shopping, and entertainment. Whether you are visiting Crossville on business to see one of the many companies such as Delbar or Flowers Bakery or whether you are here playing golf at one of the 11 courses, such as Deer Creek or Bear Trace, or enjoying one the theatrical productions at the world renowned Cumberland Playhouse you will find the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites will meet you lodging needs. The hotel offers the Express Start Breakfast Bar, free High Speed Wireless Internet, Heated Indoor Pool, Exercise Room, Whirl Pool, Meeting Facilities, and Outstanding Customer Service. The hotel is comprised of 67 spacious guest rooms of which several are suites that offer a separate sitting area, and a wet bar with microwave and refrigerator. Visit Crossville, TN and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Crossville
- Holiday Inn Crossville
- Holiday Inn Express Crossville
- Crossville Holiday Inn