“Typical Japanese resturaunt”
Review of Kissho Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Kissho Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've eaten here many times. I come for the ginger salad dressing. It's the best I've had anywhere. There are several hibachi tables on one side and regular tables on the other. The prices are good, especially the lunch menu. You can get shrimp hibachi lunch for around $8. There is a sushi bar too and the fish is always fresh. The service lacks the most. It seems to be very disorganized, that's every time I visit. The owner is very nice. Special request are easily honored with no confusion.

2  Thank TnMama2

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Eleven years ago, my wife and I went to a Japanese Steakhouse in Albany, Georgia, on our very first date. When I heard Covington had one, I couldn't wait to try it. I chose to take the kids here for my birthday dinner (lunch). I wanted them to be able to see a really good Teppanyaki / Hibachi shows. My two boys (9 & 5) loved it, my little girl (2) wasn't as impressed. The chef was "ok", but I have sat at many grills with a great deal more presentation and entertainment. The "show" wasn't all I had hoped it to be, and I'm left wondering if it was because we were there on a Saturday lunch, verses an evening dinner. However, the food was extremely good. My kids absolutely loved the fried rice and the hibachi chicken. They preferred the sweet teriyaki sauce. The wife and I preferred the ginger sauce and I had the chicken and shrimp. I would have liked the vegetables to be cooked a tad bit longer, but were good too. The kids and I enjoyed Ramune Orange Sangria soda in the marble neck bottles. This was facinating to them. My wife had a little dificulty with her fountain Diet Coke and the server seemed annoyed she asked for fresh or change. The service could use some customer focused service training, and is therefore listed as fair. Overall, I enjoyed Kissho and I'm looking forward to returning, probably by myself, to try the sushi.

1  Thank John W