“First Time Stay at Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Covington
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler. The accommodations are great. We stayed in a king room which was beautifully furnished and exceptionally clean. The staff was friendly and very informative. We thoroughly enjoyed our first Holiday Inn experience.

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel the week of December 9, 2012 on buisiness. I really liked the hotel. It is fairly new and very clean. I did not have one issue while staying at this hotel. The bed was comfortable, there was plently of parking and the hotel is located near a few restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We were looking for a decent place to stay among a lot of not-so-great options. We came upon this and although we had to drive out of our way (Brownsville) to get there, it was worth it. This area is smaller and doesn't have many decent options. Running into this was a breath of fresh air. Modern, clean, free breakfast, nice staff. When we visit family and have to stay in the vicinity in the future, we would definitely choose this place again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Stayed in one of the suites while visiting with family for Thanksgiving. The rooms were perfect. The bed was out of this world comfortable. The spa tub was very relaxing and worked well. It was neat where the bedroom could be closed off from the rest of the suite. Family could watch TV and not disturb those who wanted to sleep. The breakfast was adequate. Had a pancake making machine which fascinated the children.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Having never been to Covington, I don't have another hotel to compare this to. Hotel is on a street adjacent to several other "National" chain motels. H.I Express appears to be the newest and nicest from the road. Desk help was friendly. Rooms were decent but I would say a tad overpriced at nearly $120. Flat screen TV's but not a full array of channels. Hotel was not nearly full with no more than a dozen or so cars in the lot. Breakfast was not good. Coffee was empty at 7:15 and there were no cinnamin buns left. I asked the breakfast "gal" if there were more and she brought out a tray that were unheated. She wasn't the friendliest of gals either. No USA today's available at this location. Desk clerk said they don't deliver this far out in "the sticks".

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Kubzfan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I just want to assure you that our Hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I apologize that we fell below your expectations on this particular day. I do hope you decide to give us another chance for a future stay.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is probably more "ok" than "very good", but I believe it is only a few years old, so I will give the benefit of the doubt, knowing it will likely only be in the "ok" category soon enough. I liked that my room was cleaned right away each morning, and the cleaning each day was pretty good. The rooms have fairly low quality TV's with not many channels. The people working there were all very nice. The neighborhood around the hotel doesn't have anything to offer, but then again I didn't see anything in Covington that was too great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stay at this hotel about once a week for business. I have stayed at many hotels from 1 star to five star. I say this without exageration, this hotel has rooms that are as nice and certainly much cleaner than many five star and four star hotels I have stayed in. The hotel was built recently and it is extremely clean and modern. The bathrooms even have granite countertops! The staff is always ready to cater to any need. Check in and out are efficient. The breakfast has scrambled eggs, biscuits, and either sausage, bacon, or sausage gravy. There are cereals, pancakes, etc. The breakfast area is large and clean with two flat screen tv's. Although I do not use it, there is a large indoor pool that is also very clean. There is a nice work-out room. But aside from all that, what really stands out are the new rooms and bathrooms, overall cleanliness, and great staff.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank adempsey21
Also consider these accommodations in or near Covington
Days Inn Covington
Hampton Inn & Suites Millington
Motel 6 Covington
Motel 6 Covington
#3 of 5 in Covington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Covington? Share your experiences!