“Broken Spoke....great food”
Review of The Broken Spoke Restaurant - CLOSED

The Broken Spoke Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Several biker friends had spoken highly of Broken Spoke in Counce, TN, near Pickwick Lake, but working weekends had prevented us from trying it. Memorial Day weekend gave us the opportunity. It was well worth it. It doesn't look like much from the outside but don't let it fool you, the food is great. We both ordered the same thing, the fried catfish sandwich with home fries....we actually could have split one sandwich. It was huge. On a large sesame bun with lettuce, onions and what tasted like homemade tartar sauce were about 6 good sized catfish fingers, fried to perfection and not greasy.....and almost 3 inches high. Even squishing it down and cutting it into quarters didn't make it easy to eat....but it was good. The home fries were thick cut potatoes with fried onions, just like I make at home. Sweet tea with plenty of refills rounded out our meal. We got dessert to go...a Southern tradition, chess pie. I grew up with the cornmeal version of chess pie and I'm real picky about it. This one was very close to what my grandmother made....I think if it had been left uncovered overnight to let it develop the crunchy layer on top it would have been her exact recipe. Service was friendly and attentive. If we are ever off on another weekend we would definitely consider going back.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Constantly good food. The owners are actively involved and present
I had the "steak in a boat" and it was very good...tender,tasty with a good flavor. Wife had the "Spoke Burger"..she said it was one of the best she has tasted. Ron

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Good food but expensive and they had great live music. Also very unique and interesting decor. We will go back.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We've at here countless times and we are more than pleased every time! I've yet to have try something I didn't like minus the tea. Other than that a stop at the spoke is must every time we go to the lake.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food is above average but priced to high. Atmosphere is nice with white table cloths and music. Service is not very good and very slow. Food is above average and a nice selection from pizza to steak but to expensive.

1  Thank 684traveler1234