“Godsend in a land of chain restaurants”
Review of The Front Porch Restaurant - CLOSED

The Front Porch Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We specialize in delicious scratch-made food. You will not find pre-prepared or frozen, heated up foods here. We use local ingredients wherever possible and our culinary creations span from Granny's recipes to fine dining at affordable costs. We opened on September 1, 2012 after an extensive renovation and we really enjoy what we do. Come on down and enjoy old favorites like fried green tomatoes and catfish, or try a Lowcountry Bucket or Shrimp and Grits. Whatever your tastes, we have a dish for you and some unique things, too. You won't find fresher food or friendlier people that are genuinely happy to serve you. It's what we love to do.
Annandale, Virginia
“Godsend in a land of chain restaurants”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A tasty meal with an incredibly friendly staff made for a memorable experience on our vacation.

Our family found a great restaurant in The Front Porch. The choices in Cosby are limited so finding a great meal at a great restaurant made it even more special. The entire staff dedicate themselves to your enjoyment. Special requests, no problem. Picky kids, no problem. There is something for most tastes on this South Carolina low-country styled menu. Most of the food is house made, the mozzarella logs are hand cut and battered, as are the fried portobello mushrooms. You will read many reviews of the fried green tomatoes, so you don't need me to tell you that they are delicious.

The burgers my son ordered (plural because we ate there twice in three nights) were huge with four huge bacon strips. The chicken parm my daughter ordered, without marinara, was still juicy and tender. My wife's fried green BLT was also quite large and made another excellent meal for her the next day at lunch. My first meal of mussels, crawfish, and shrimp was also generous and cooked so that all of the fish were sone just right.

Not sure of a side order or sauce? The staff will offer to give you a sample before you decide. Drinks are refreshed before you are finished. The chefs are just as likely to check on your meal as the waiter.

We ate at off hours but I imagine that the place gets packed during the rush. They are closed on Tuesdays, or we would have eaten there three times in one week! The Front Porch was one of the nicest restaurants we have enjoyed in the past few years, anywhere. Highly recommended as a nice night out or to break away from the frozen entrees reheated for you at most of the Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge places.

• Visited April 2013

Sorrento, Florida
“It Doesn't Look Like Much...But...”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a meal away from the craziness of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. We drove for 45 minutes and were not disappointed. The food was fantastic and the service great. I had the chicken parm with apple slaw and chipotle Mac n cheese. My husband had catfish and fried potatoes. He said they were "done right." We shared pecan pie for dessert...best I've ever had. Don't let it's humble appearance scare you off. I heard they have blue grass on Saturday nights. It's BYOB and a $10 minimum food order.

3 Thank Cindy K
Sevierville, Tennessee
“BAck Porch Cosby TN.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

First visit was tonight and I am so happy we went. I have never walked in to a restaurant and have the kitchen staff come out to welcome us. There was four of us in the party and we all ordered different things. Everything was super good. The egg plant parm was very tasty as was the chicken parm. I had the pinto beans and corn bread and am sorry I didn't get a take out order to have tomorrow it was that good. Will we go back? it is about a 25 mile drive from where we live but I assure you we will be back as often as we can. Great little place and the folks that work there are really nice.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JimWorden
Waynesville,NC
“Fried Green Tomatoes On A Rainy Winter Night”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Last week, on a very rainy night, I was visiting my daughter in Newport & she suggested we go to the new Front Porch for a late dinner. When we arrived at 7:50 we saw the sign on the door informing us they closed at 8. Good manners dictated that we couldn't stay-it was a cold rainy night, the parking lot was empty & we knew these guys wanted to go home! I decided to run in to get a take out menu & wish the new guys well. The new guys thought differently. They very graciously insisted we stay and eat (and eat and eat). Fried portabellos with horse radish dip, spinach dip with Aline's chips, chicken & dumplins, & the awesomely delicious fried green tomato blt. It was heaven & we were treated like queens. With this level of food & service, I predict the new guys are gonna be around long enough to become very old guys.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank szphllps
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
“Again, great food and awsome service.”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I live close by so when friends come to visit me, I want them to enjoy my favorite places as I do. Recently I took my best friend from NC there for a nice meal. Boy was she impressed! I know it has been almost a month sice she was here and she is still talking about "The Front Porch". She is ready to come back just to have dinner there again. Thank you Dave, Tim and Jeff for opening this restaurant. You have helped me impress my friends and family with ease. Just drive to Cosby and let them eat!!!
Hmm, just talked myself into going to The Front Porch tonight. I am hungry already.

• Visited January 2013