Tripadvisor
Cosby

“Incredible food and great place- Best fried chicken”

Carver's Orchard & Applehouse Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Cosby
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Small quaint restaurant- great market - best fried chicken ever! Amazing

Staff was amazing

Kids are vegetarians and lots of options

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (974)

Reviewed January 3, 2020

A fall trip here is a beautiful drive and worth it. This is the only place to eat Fried Chicken in the area. I highly recommend it. The salad is more "diner" salad but you really can not get that home cooking fried chicken at the fancy salad places. This is a must on your travel plans. Don't forget to try the apple fritters, and biscuits with apple butter, too!

Reviewed December 31, 2019

The food was good, especially the free apple butter, apple fritters and apple cider. The market had much reasonable priced fruits and vegetables. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed December 30, 2019

I came with a group of 6 and we were seated and waited on almost immediately. Our server was so kind and accommodating and the atmosphere was very warm and inviting. The large windows offer a great view of horses and the apple orchard. Our food came out in a timely manner and everything was hot. I can't say enough about the food - it was just wonderful and you can tell it's all homemade. Everyone in my group loved everything they ordered. I got the chicken tenders and they were so tender and the honey mustard was fabulous! Also, the homemade apple hand pies they sell in their store for only $2 each are pretty great and so is the apple cider! I am in love with this hidden gem and can't wait to go back again very soon!

Reviewed December 26, 2019

Look, it was ok. Too many dishes included apples, of which I am not a big fan. We ate breakfast here as we couldn’t find many other alternatives.

Date of visit: October 2019