“Good View AND Good Food”

Carver's Orchard & Applehouse Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Cosby
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
texas
“Good View AND Good Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Now what can be better than eating delicious homestyle fried chicken and fresh-tasting vegetables while looking out over the apple orchard and beautiful mountains?! Good food, reasonable prices, and good service. My favorite part though, was buying fresh vegs from the produce barn next door. Or, maybe it was the little candy and craft store...Located just off I-40 and worth the drive!!

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Charming!!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

The food reminds me of eating at my grandmother's house - good, filling, comforting, and homemade. The service was Excellent!! We walked in 25 minutes before closing on a Friday night, and we were treated as if we were the first customers of the day. Our server was very friendly and kind. For the amount of food we received, and the quality, the prices were quite reasonable. My only regret is that my dinner was so filling that I couldn't find room for a homemade fried apple pie filled with fruit grown right there in the orchard!

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent food and gorgeous View of the mountains”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had the best meal there. The people were very friendly and the view is gorgeous. Highly recommend going. Very affordable.

hometown usa
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Located at the foothills of the Smoky Mountains is a wonderful restaurant and apple orchard. The restaurant serves family style meals and sandwiches. Each meal comes with apple fritters, apple butter, and apple juice, freshly made from their apples picked from the orchard. Located next door is an open market full of seasonal vegys and fruits for sale, along with their apple butters, fried pies, and apple juices. There is also a candy store next door. A beautiful location for pictures. Be sure to bring your camera.

• Visited May 2013
“Can't say enough good things about this place.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Applehouse is amazing! We booked a cabin less than five minutes away and the guest book was full of recommendations for this place so we decided to give it a try. It is a new favorite. I cannot say enough good things. Everyone was so sweet and pleasant and the food was amazing. I had the veggie platter... Best mashed potatoes I've ever had! The green beans tasted like my grandma's. My husband had the pork chip platter and it looked to die for.. Two pork chops and sides. The tomato on my salad was clearly homegrown and it was delicious. The fritters and apple butter were the best part of the meal. Hands down the very best apple butter I have ever tasted. We haven't been to the produce stand yet but will go back before we leave Cosby to try to buy the apple butter by the galleon. :) Worth the drive from Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge!!!