“Cabin by the Creek”
Review of Cosby Creek Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cosby
Cosby Creek Cabins
Ranked #4 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Cosby
Niles, Michigan
“Cabin by the Creek”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the "Cabin by the Creek" in Cosby, TN. The cabin that we rented was a three bedroom and two bath cabin. It was very clean and decorated just as portrayed in the online pictures. It had both a front and back porch and was located off a drive that turned and curved to a remote location. There are other houses there but it is a very quiet area located on a stream. The hot tub was located on the back porch along with a picnic table and swing. I will say that it is not handicap accessible so if this is a factor in your decision I would look to one of their other cabins for rent. If you stay you must go to the Foothills Parkway which is only a short drive up the road it has beautiful overlooks.

Room Tip: If you want to be close to activities or Gatlinburg this is not the place for you. It is approx. 20...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank faith327

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Plantation Florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights June 18th and 19th with our lab. No problems. The place looks just like the pictures and video on the web site. The lock code worked fine, AC worked, everything was clean.

The drive from the cabin to Dollywood was about 30 minutes. We used Google Maps on the iPhone and took some back roads to Patriot Park. I caught a bus to Dollywood for 50 cents while the wife walked the dog around the park.

The drive from the cabin to the Gattlinburg area is about 20 minutes. The cabin is located on I-321, but the noise is not a problem. At night you don't hear the cars passing by, even though the road is right there in the front yard. Barely any cars use that road at night.

Dish TV worked, I watched the Heat game.

There is no washer/dryer, and no hot tub. We didn't care or need these things. The 2nd bed is upstairs, while the master bed is next to the kitchen on the 1st floor. The kitchen has pots/pans, and silverware. There's a stove and fridge, no dish washer. We cleaned the dishes in the sink and let them dry on a towel.

I'd recommend this cabin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank robvia
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We rented a cabin from them. Location was a little far from gatlinburg. Cabin was really nice. Had a mountain stream out our back door and a great view of the horse field and mountain from hot tub. Good friendly service.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Susieq1719
Enterprise, Alabama
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed right after Tonya B and I agree with her pros and cons as she did a great review of the property. I will say the best part besides the creek being right outside the back was having a washer and dryer. I don't know if our sheets were dirty as my wife washes everything when we get to a new place anyways so i would assume ours were clean. We didn't rent this through Cosby Creek Cabins though as I believe we rented directly from the owner, Brenda, through Wildwood Mountain. http://www.wildwoodmountain.com/Jon_s_Pond.php

I can't remember if she mentioned it or not but it does have a hot tub on the back porch, a fire pit, and a grill area. We didn't use the hot tub or the grill, but did make a small fire to make smores.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravisT947
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed at Whispering Creek May 2013. With the stay 4/pay for 3 nights special, it was a very good value. It's basic, but very clean and had everything we wanted. No hot tub, no washer/dryer, but that was just fine - I never have figured out why suddenly everyone has to have a hot tub in their cabin. It's a cabin, not the Ritz Carlton. I come for the scenic area, not for luxurious accommodations. The fabulous back porch right on the creek made us change our plans and hang out in the cabin for the first day. We accidentally locked the key in the house and were surprised when the manager answered the phone before 9 a.m. on Sunday morning. He was very helpful and everyone I spoke to was super friendly. I wish they had cabins in other locations, because I would definitely rent from them again. The only "negative" was that this was right next to another cabin (Wandering Creek, which does have a hot tub), but I knew that to begin with and we didn't have any issues with the neighbors. About 35 minutes to Gatlinburg, but super close to S.R. 32, which is the narrow, winding road to Cataloochee. Definitely the quieter side of the Smokies.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank bettinahildegard
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My family stayed at Jon's Pond in May 2013 for four days (Tues - Sat). Overall, this is a GREAT place to stay. The location of this cabin is last in the lane and so is away from the others with plenty of yard to play in. My boys are 15 and 13 and went straight in the creek that runs along the back of the cabin. The creek is literally 5-10 steps from the back porch of the cabin. It was VERY loud, so loud that you could barely hear yourself talk while out there, but we didn't mind at all - we loved it! We will rent from them again for sure.

PROS- Private, beautiful. Away from the noise of the city yet only 15 minutes from a grocery and 30 minutes to downtown Gatlinburg. Super close to an entrance into the Park. Visitor center right across the street with lots of helpful information and personalized Tshirts. Within a couple miles of several hiking trails to choose from easy-hard. Washer and dryer in the cabin, if needed.

CONS- Bed sheets were dirty when we got there..They brought new very quickly. Comforters for the beds were also dirty but I just washed them myself along with a couple additional blankets that hadn't been cleaned. Sofa bed isn't very good so don't count on using it. Mattresses on the beds need replaced, there was a bit of a dip in them. If its privacy you want, don't come here with guests because doors/walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING. The pocket doors are hollow and don't seal shut. Tons of bar soap, but nothing else as far as toiletries so bring everything including laundry soap.

I only took away one star whereas another may only give it three stars. But, I have spoken with the management and feel confident that they will do something about these things since they were very quick and helpful with supplying clean sheets for us. My husband and I would LIVE here (by ourselves of course.)

**Not sure about the reviewer who said there was an RV park across the street. There is nothing like that near these cabins that I could see anywhere from my porches.

Room Tip: 2-3 people in this cabin is best. Our teenagers don't sleep together so one had the bed upstair...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tonya B
Acworth, Ga
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I spent 3 nights at Cosby Creek in their American Dream cabin on Christmas Eve and we had a spectacular time. What a sensational cabin with every amenity imaginable. It's a 2 bedroom but the upstairs bedroom is a loft with an additional bed and has a wonderful view of a noisy little creek outside the bedroom! The noise of that little creek made for good sleeping and a nice view from the back porch.

Kathy, the Manager set-up everything and made sure the cabin was clean as a whistle. This was our 3rd. cabin in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area and by far the nicest! our seventeen year old even thanked us for a good time. Also, very easy access from I-40.

Sure, Gatlinburg is 20 minutes away but we drove there everyday and it was such a nice scenic drive that we didn't even think about how long it took to get there. There is a Walmart 10 miles away in Newport, and Dollar General is a few miles away and there are nice businesses and places to eat in Cosby. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: American Dream is a beautiful cabin and is new and modern
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank TuxedoAcworth_Ga
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cosby
Sidney James Mountain Lodge
#26 of 77 in Gatlinburg
Arrow Creek Campground
Arrow Creek Campground
#28 of 51 in Gatlinburg

Been to Cosby Creek Cabins? Share your experiences!