“Denny W - " Great Christmas Holiday vacation "”
Review of Cosby Creek Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cosby
Cosby Creek Cabins
Ranked #4 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Cosby
Acworth, Ga
“Denny W - " Great Christmas Holiday vacation "”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My family and I spent 3 nights at Cosby Creek in their American Dream cabin on Christmas Eve and we had a spectacular time. What a sensational cabin with every amenity imaginable. It's a 2 bedroom but the upstairs bedroom is a loft with an additional bed and has a wonderful view of a noisy little creek outside the bedroom! The noise of that little creek made for good sleeping and a nice view from the back porch.

Kathy, the Manager set-up everything and made sure the cabin was clean as a whistle. This was our 3rd. cabin in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area and by far the nicest! our seventeen year old even thanked us for a good time. Also, very easy access from I-40.

Sure, Gatlinburg is 20 minutes away but we drove there everyday and it was such a nice scenic drive that we didn't even think about how long it took to get there. There is a Walmart 10 miles away in Newport, and Dollar General is a few miles away and there are nice businesses and places to eat in Cosby. We will definately be back!

Room Tip: American Dream is a beautiful cabin and is new and modern
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank TuxedoAcworth_Ga

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oliver Springs, Tennessee
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife, the artist, found these cabins on the Internet. We wanted to do some hiking in the Smokies; she was looking for a place to paint and photograph the beauty of the mountains; and we were both looking for some much needed rest and relaxation. The comfortable, well-equipped cabin we rented had it all; a beautiful view and a noisy creek just steps from the back porch, without the crowds of Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. We both enjoy bird-watching and we had quite a variety singing to us after we filled the feeders. The hummingbirds were the boldest with their feeder only a few feet from the back porch rocking chairs. The jetted tub was great when I overdid it on the trails. We came home refreshed and with 3 new paintings.There was a nice restaurant at Carver's Orchard a very short drive from the cabin and two less visited entrances to the park and various trailheads within close driving distance. We were close enough to everything including Gatlinburg, about 25 minutes away, without being too close to anything. We will be regular visitors in the future.

Room Tip: We rented Creek Heaven. Two cabins close by that appeared to be good choices were American Dream and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jts7979
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We spent Memorial Day weekend at Bear Paws. It had everything would could have ever needed. The cabin was clean, nicely decorated and let me tell you about the view! We would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah J
Hazard, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We have been using Cosby Creek Cabins every year now for a long time!! We don't stay any where else now that we found them. Each one we stay in becomes our new favorite cabin. We are on a mission to try each one. They are very clean. Have lots of room!! Our favorite part is the kitchen. Helps us keep our diet on track. :)

The location is wonderful. It isn't right in the mix of the all the hustle and bustle but close enough to see everything in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg!!

They have great prices also!! Love love love Cosby Creek Cabins!!!

Room Tip: Every cabin we stay in is GREAT!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Melanie C
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was at the Elk Run on Cosby Creek, Eastern Tenn. in nov, 2011 for a weekend. Could not find this cabin look over for 2 hours. I call the number listed but no one answer. Went to the office and no one there....call the number at the office, no one answer....after 2 hours in Eastern Tenn. and Western North Carolina we found this cabin about 1/2 mile off the road.....Went in the cabin no heat at all....I call the number on the wall no one answer but I left a message. I received a call about 3 hours latter....a guy came out but did not have the parts to fix the heater...next morning he can back and by the afternoon it was fixed....after all this I call the office the next week about this problem....They will have to talk to the owner before....I received no call for the next month and I call back. The office report that they will give me a discount on my next visit..but would not tell me the discount would be???? saved your money and go to the beach...or go to Ashville NC.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank george p
Johnny33
Reviewed January 26, 2012

All the Cosby Creek Cabins are built in a sloping row, creekside. They have different sizes and amenities. The one we rented was called Cabin by the Creek. It’s a one-bedroom cabin with a wood-burning fireplace: 700 square feet, with a loft bed. The loft bed’s on a balcony, there’s no door, so technically it’s not really a bedroom I guess. I looked up the real estate records and they say the cabin was built in 1993, which by the look is when all the other cabins were built, in case you’re wondering how old these cabins are. We stayed for four days over the Christmas holidays.

The cabin had good things and bad things.

Bad thing: After reserving our cabin over the net, they e-mailed us two credit card slips, on different days. One was for the deposit, the other was for the balance. Balance is charged three weeks before check in. We had to print out each email's attachment, sign, and return the slips to them by snail mail. This is the only time we've encountered this from a vacation rental. Why? They should not demand this hassle of their clients.

Bad thing: I called the 800 number to ask about firewood. The lady who answered the phone told me they didn't supply any. When I followed up to ask where I might find some, she interrupted me mid-question and said, "There are a few stores in town that sell the little bundles, and that's all I know." Long pause. Okay then. Bye. The company could at least include a few phone numbers in the cabin welcome binder of people who will bring firewood to the cabin for a price. We ended up bringing our own wood.

Bad thing: You can't see it from their website pictures, but immediately across the creek sits an RV storage lot. That was a surprise. We had a view of an RV lot from our screened-in back porch. Sort of cut down on the romance and the nature factor. We hadn't seen that in the tour video on the Cosby Creek website.

Bad thing: the fireplace damper handle swung frictionless after heating up. The handle's weight pulled it down. This resulted in the damper closing and the place filling with smoke. I fixed the problem by bracing the damper handle up with a shovel from the fireplace tools. Not a big deal, but looking at a crackling fireplace with a shovel wedged upright in front was a unique experience.

Good thing: we planned on staying four nights and were pleasantly surprised that they had a buy-three-nights-and-get-the-fourth-free special. So we paid less than we expected.

Good thing: it was rainy, and the creek ran extra loud. It's nice to hear the rushing water with a cozy fire inside.

Good thing: the property's adjacent to the Smokies National Park. I walked up and followed the creek into the park a ways. FYI, there’s a little pet cemetery right at the park boundary line (apparently on park land?) where the creek flows out. I personally think pet cemeteries are sweet, and I don’t mind walking through them (a necessity to follow the creek into the park), but other people might feel differently.

Good thing: the cabin was clean with a change of linens ready in one drawer, if we needed it, and eight sets of bath towels. Only one wash cloth, though (?). Lots of wrapped bar soap, no shampoo however. Bring your own.

Overall, we'd return again. It's a cozy cabin by a rushing creek, with jacuzzi, hot tub and fireplace. The price was right. I'm giving it four out of five stars, docking for the firewood hassle and neighboring RV storage lot surprise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Johnny35
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just returned from a stay at one of the Cosby Creek Cabins. I must say its in a very picturesque setting. Was very happy with the experience. I have stayed in other cabins in the Smokys and enjoyed them as well. However what sets this experience apart is the convience of it all. The cabin was close to all the attractions. Did not have to stop to pick up a key anywhere. The code to the cabin is sent to you in an email along with instructions. Upon arrival everything was completely clean. Cabin was very cute in its decor. I thought the decor was cute when I viewed the photos online however the owners must of have redecorated as it was now a cowboy theme cabin. Maybe update photos online? The brook that was directly behind the cabin was very beautiful although depending on the amount of rain it can be rather noisy.But if you sit out on the front porch the noise level was just right. I would not recommend our particular cabin (Hanky Panky) though for anyone who is elderly and has trouble navigating steep stairs as the loft stairway is rather steep and narrow. The people (Alan and Cathy) who manage this cabin rental for us are lovely people and very accomodating. The park like setting for this particular group of seven cabins was very serene. Sitting on the front porch in the evening and watching the night fall was very relaxing. I would recommend though that perhaps the owners can put a small table on the front porch like the one out back (which we used in front) so you can put your drinks down. What I found interesting was even though it was July and we were by a stream there were no mosquitos! Didn't have to use any bug spray! If you want a cabin that is close to attractions yet very peaceful, I reccommend Cosby Creek Cabins. Thanks to the owners for sharing their cabin with us. One small add on...there is a building there that houses laundry facilities very convienent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Macs1903
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cosby
Creekstone Inn
#6 of 53 in Gatlinburg
Arrow Creek Campground
Arrow Creek Campground
#30 of 53 in Gatlinburg

Been to Cosby Creek Cabins? Share your experiences!