“Lots of books! Best coffee in the area! Open later than most stores here!”
Review of Our Place

Our Place
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Cosby
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Unique shop, new & used books, organic coffees, gifts, mugs, concrete statues, dvd's, cd's, souvenirs, walking sticks, candles, t-shirts; locally made items, A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING! Open year round!
Reviewed April 20, 2014

If you are visiting the Great Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg, Dollywood, or any of the other attractions in the area, you should definitely stop in to Our Place in Cosby, TN. I have lived in Gatlinburg for a year and a half and finally stumbled onto this place. Here's how you can tell if you should go: Do you love books and winding through shelves looking for a new treasure? Do you love a good cup of organic, fair trade coffee? Do you love artisinal soap? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you will probably enjoy a visit to "Our Place." I'll be moving away soon, and am kicking myself for not finding this place until now. They have books on all kinds of topics, and staff is friendly and very low-pressure. Good place for all ages. I will definitely go back if I get the chance.

All reviews
"sevier county"
"smoky mountain"
"for sale"
in 3 reviews
"large selection of books"
"crosby"
in 13 reviews
"bookstore"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Don't drive past this place without stopping for a cup of coffee. Organic, shade grown, free trade deliciousness! Then take your coffee and wander the shelves full of used books that you will lose yourself in...and before you know it you will need a refill! This place has an excellent biography section, a great section on local interest, sci-fi (my favorite) and fiction. The prices are fantastic, the owners are lovely, and their little sweet treats are heavenly. STOP HERE AND ENJOY!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were heading out of the Smokies National Park on the way back home we were delighted to find a GREAT coffee and book shop. Highway 321 at this point is very rural so we didn't think we would find much in the way of good coffee...
We love good coffee and books !! So we were thrilled to find "Our Place"!!
It has great coffee and a very diverse collection of books and gifts !! Such a thrill :-).

We had found "Our Place" a couple of years ago and were praying that it was still in business. This is a shop that deserves a visit. The owners used to vacation in this area on the north eastern edge of the Smoky National Park and they decided to move there full time and open this delightful shop. It really has something for everyone!!

A stop here always makes our day all the more brighter.

2  Thank VQuesada
Reviewed November 19, 2013

this place was recommended by the concierge of the resort we were staying at. it is a place we would return simply for its uniqueness. owner very personable. the coffee was very good and rivaled many upscale coffee houses. the selection of books was amazing. she sells these amazing vodka filled chocolates. you don't bite them you let them burst inside your mouth. so good. it was one of the most relaxing hours we spent.while in the area.

1  Thank Ginny M
See more reviews
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This splendid shop of books, coffee, sweet treats and more is right in my neighborhood. I love giving my business to locally owned shops, and this place seriously deserves a stop in and look medal. Books are my usual gifts, especially for kids, and Our Place has a great selection of books for all ages. Vast areas of both fiction and non-fiction, whatever your interests are, they have a book that you cannot leave without! I know, I have MANY books from Our Place myself. When I enter the store, it is like entering a place of a different time dimension. How did an hour and a half go by so quickly? How did I find an armful of books that have to come home with me? They are currently expanding the store, yippee. Stop in soon and stop in often!!

1  Thank Mary R

Been to Our Place? Share your experiences!