“Secluded Mt Cabin”

Creekwalk Inn and Cabins
Ranked #1 of 3 Cosby B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were given 2 nights at the Wildflower Mt Resort in Gatlinburg. They are actually in Cosby. TN which is a lovely rural part of Eastern TN. Since the accommodations were a gift we had no idea what to expect, but we were pleasantly surprised. The cabin (though remotely located)and the setting were charming. I do recommend that you bring staples (coffee, snacks, etc). since there are no stores nearby. There is a full kitchen and outdoor charcoal grill if you want to cook your meals.
The real delight were the breakfasts served back at the Creekwalk Inn. Janice is a wonderfully creative cook! From fresh juices, fruit compotes and eggs, French toast, applewood bacon and grilled beets the offering were very special.
I do recommend this location for a lovely quiet get away.

Room Tip: If you want more inn type amenities stay at the main inn, not the cabins.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 1, 2013

In November 2012, my girlfriend and I ventured from Central Florida up into the gorgeous Smokies for a weekend getaway. We had considered buying the groupon, but wanted a weekend. So we called Janice and agreed to a Groupon-like deal, and for a little more money we agreed on a 2-night weekend stay. We loved our stay in the cabin. We stayed in Teaberry with our dog, and had a blast. We loved the accommodations, seclusion, trails, and everything about the getaway. But, we were charged $100 more than the price agreed upon over the phone during our reservations. At no time were we told, when choosing a weekend, that we would be charged an exorbitantly higher price for Veteran's Day weekend. Immediately after our stay, I emailed Janice about the price discrepancy. She apologized for it, and said I would be credited $100 on my credit card. Well, 6 months later, I have yet to receive that credit. Numerous emails have been sent, with absolutely no response from Janice. I waited as long as possible to write a review, because we truly enjoyed our stay. But I CANNOT RECOMMEND a place that charges their guests extra, without prior knowledge (or any knowledge), and then ignores their requests for a resolution.

Room Tip: We loved the cabin! But it is very secluded. Bring your own food and prepare for a real weekend in t...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Benjamin D
Creekwalk_Inn, Manager at Creekwalk Inn and Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

We so appreciate your review and are thrilled you had a wonderful time at the cabin. We apologize for the confusion on the refund, and our credit card support team has informed us that we are unable to run a credit on your card. We are sending you a check for the refund amount, as that is the only way we know how to complete this transaction with you. Have a great summer and we hope that you and your pet return to our wild riverfront and fun trails. Good luck with your studies. - Janice

Reviewed April 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Sweet Briar cabin for 2 nights. It is a bit of a drive, but we wanted seclusion so we expected it. The cabin was very clean and the perfect size for two of us. The kitchen was accommodating. We ended up not using much of it, but it had a stove, oven, microwave, and dishwasher. We used the fridge, which was also clean. The bathroom had plenty of towels, shampoo, conditioner, and soap available. The bedroom/living room area was nice--we enjoyed the rocking chairs by the fireplace. It was very quiet and peaceful.

For our full day we went hiking in the Smokies (beautiful!). Being able to come back to the cabin afterward was great. We relaxed in the heart-shaped tub inside--we'd intended to use the hot tub on the deck but had forgotten to pull the cover off, so it was too hot for us. We used the radio, which had surprisingly good reception, and the DVD player. (We had brought our own DVDs but I noticed that there were a few movies sitting on top of the radio.) After we checked out on the second day we drove to Gatlinburg. We really enjoyed our time there as well.

The only cons I can think of are minor. The knob on the front door should probably be replaced, as it seemed very loose. (It did lock and we weren't worried about anyone going in while we were out, just an observation.) Also, the mattress sank in the middle a bit so it wasn't the most comfortable bed we've ever slept in, but we still slept reasonably well.

I have not stayed in this area before so I can't really compare the pricing of this cabin to others. With the Groupon I think this was a good deal. As city dwellers we love any opportunity to spend time in the mountains, so we jumped at this chance. Overall it was a fun little getaway and I'm glad we did it!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We purchased a Groupon for "A Cabin in the Woods" and began trying to book our stay. I was able to make a reservation and several days later finally got a confirmation email. Upon reviewing the confirmation email I discovered that not only were the dates wrong but the number of days was incorrect as well. I immediately placed a call to the office and described the problem and was told it would be corrected. Additionally I sent an email just to have an additional means of communication. After two days time I had not received any form of reply so I placed another call and another email. At this point they adjusted the number of days but still had the dates incorrect. I again sent an email saying that the entire issue could be resolved with a brief phone call, the next day I received a call and the scheduling matter was corrected. Scheduling was to be only the first of several disappointments with this cabin. We didn't realize (apparently neither did other reviewers) until we arrived at check in that we were still 35 to 45 minutes away from our destination. We brought our own food so once we arrived at the cabin we immediately set about cooking dinner. The first thing we noticed was that the range didn't seem to work. I had to reconnect every one of the electric eyes on the range so we could cook on it. We also noticed that the toaster was broken. It was at this point I went to wash my hands for dinner, but alas there was no soap. I used dish washing soap to clean up for dinner and moved the roach motels aside to retrieve a towel. After dinner I decided to take a shower (using shampoo for soap) and discovered that the shower head must be adjusted just right to avoid water spraying all over the bathroom. I noticed this same complaint on another review and although management took the time to write a response to the negative review (a response that reads as defensive and sarcastic in places) they didn't fix the shower noted in the review. After we got out of the outdoor hot tub (best part of the trip) it was time for bed, but don't turn on the fan as it is extremely noisy and will keep you awake. The bed was large but worn out so you wind up sleeping in a crevasse in the middle of the mattress. One aspect of the rental we found especially frustrating was the 10% value charge which came to $61 in our case meaning the management valued our cabin at $300 per night! This cabin isn't worth a third of that. If you need to get more money for your cabin just charge more for it and don't try to disguise the charge in a "10% resort value fee". In all fairness the Groupon states this fee will be added, I'm just unsure as to where the $600 value comes from. I've traveled quite a bit and this is the first review I've written. My hope is to help unsuspecting travelers make a more informed decision when choosing a cabin in an area that is full of great cabins. Avoid these cabins at any cost!

Room Tip: The cabins are in a pretty location albeit far from the office. You can do better for less.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Bryan J
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed in two of the Wildflower Mountain Rentals, AKA "A Cabin in the Woods"
You check in at the Creekwalk Inn and drive 20 +/- miles on twisted roads then up steep winding roads to gravel / mud roads. We rented two cabins and regret every dollar we spent. Not worth half the Groupon price.
Cabins were not at all like the website and brochure photos. Looks like many years of neglect since they were taken.
One cabin had holes in roof, door knob fell off, roaches, buckled floor, kitchen sink and faucet had to be held down to run water. Roaches in the kitchen, bleach stained towels, and interior like the other one star review complete with water stain.
Second cabin was nicer inside except for the sagging mattress and wasp invasion. Got ten of them the first night. Oh, there was the tree down on the power line and the hole torn in the roof.
I don't get the positive reviews, must be good units and bad ones.
Once we made the long drive on a dark, wet, winding road we were stuck. If check in was near the cabins we would have asked for our money back and stayed in town.

Room Tip: Get one somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank PhilipB593
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Passion Flower cabin owned by the Creekwalk Inn for two nights beginning on Easter. We had a fantastic time! We were Groupon users and we have just become hooked on the Creekwalk experience. This may not be your kind of place if you aren't really looking for middle of nowhere but it was exactly what we were looking for. A getaway! The cabin was spacious for two and with two hot tubs and a full kitchen, we could do everything or nothing and have a blast. We even had cell phone signal! (I was not expecting that.) The bed was comfortable and the actual wood burning fireplace was a nice change from the suburbia scrubbed life we usually live in. Everything was clean and the people we encountered at check-in and at breakfast were incredibly nice. When we were going out for dinner the night of our arrival we followed our GPS mistakenly down what was once a road and was now a "trail". Once we realized the gravity of the situation we had just put ourselves in and actually made it down alive, we called Janice to make her aware of Google's treachery. She made sure we were ok and was a little tickled that we didn't get into more of a bind than we did. (Don't try it please, super scary!) We went to the inn on Tuesday for breakfast before our checkout and had a fantastic time with Janice (both the Innkeeper and our chef). She welcomed us like we were family and we were treated to a wonderful breakfast and even better stories and conversation. I completely recommend this wonderful place anytime you want to get away.

Room Tip: You can pick a cabin up on a mountain about 45 mins away or you can stay at the inn. Both are lovely...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at the Creekwalk Inn back in September to celebrate my husband coming home from Afghanistan. We stayed in one of the rooms with an outdoor hot tub. I loved the room and the handmade bed.The hot tub was behind our room in a wooded setting. The hot tub was a little old and didn't heat up too well but it was nice and private. The highlight of our weekend was the yummy breakfast at the Inn.We also enjoyed the pie making class. I don't agree with other reviews that we were so far from everything. I felt the drive from there to Gatlinburg was not that bad. We ate at a Steak house right outside Gatlinburg. We also ate at The Orchad family restaurant in Cosby. The chicken and dumplings were to die for! We went hiking to Midnight Hole which was so peaceful and beautiful. Now as far as the Groupon we had upgraded our room which cost us an extra 100.00 per night which I thought was steep but without the groupon we would have stayed in a less expensive room. The next time they offer a groupon we won't upgrade and just take the room given to make it a more reasonable stay.Overall we had a great time it was also very romantic and relaxing. I would recommend it to other couples who want a couples get awawy.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Creekwalk Inn and Cabins? Share your experiences!