“What a lovely relaxing weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Creekwalk Inn

Creekwalk Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Cosby B&B and Inns
Columbus, Georgia
“What a lovely relaxing weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I have never stayed in a cabin before, and thanks to Groupon, I did this past weekend. It was fantastic! We actually got the Whisperwood Cabin on the farm. It was so cozy and cute. Since it was on the farm it didn't have a whole kitchen, but it did have a microwave and small fridge, perfect for drinks and snacks. There is a ladder to the loft with another bed and a jacuzzi tub, as well as a hot tub outside. A soak in a hot tub is the perfect end to a day of hiking. Wonderful for the sore muscles. By the way, this is the first time my husband and I have stayed anywhere and felt that the bed was more comfortable than our own at home.

We had breakfast at the Inn both days... it was amazing! Nothing like any "hotel" breakfast I have ever had. And when I told Janice (one of the owners) that I am not really a meat eater, the next day she customized breakfast to have french toast with some veggies and I just gave the ham to my husband. Oh my... the breakfasts! Freshly made juice, fresh fruit, pancakes with fresh strawberries and raspberries, french toast with almonds and strawberries.... amazing. And my husband thoroughly enjoyed the bacon, sausage, ham, and duck eggs. Janice chatted with the guests during breakfast (even on Saturday when they were also prepping for a wedding), and gave us great advice on a hike to Henwallow falls, and even had suggestions for some live music nearby.

Groupon or not, we will definitely be back to Whisperwood. As new parents of a six month old, both working 40+ hours a week, this was much needed, and much appreciated.

Room Tip: Whisperwood Cabin offers a lot more privacy than the rooms at the inn.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TamaraPaints
Creekwalk_Inn, Manager at Creekwalk Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
So glad you could visit for your R&R. Glad you had fun and looking forward to your return.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Randleman, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I'm glad we got this with a Groupon because if I had paid full price, $618 for a 2 night stay, I would be incensed right now! One would think for the $300 per night charged they would be able to afford a couple of $0.99 bottles of soap for the bathroom and the kitchen (Look at the pictures)
First off- when asked about bringing our daughter it was suggested that we find a baby sitter and that no one really brings their kids here. Wow! I understand its a "romantic" deal but we like to spend time with our daughter.

2nd-bring your meals with you, your at least 30-45 minutes from anything.

3rd- 4wd is not a horrible idea for the cabins as they are located in the middle of nowhere on some questionable roads

4th- I am not understanding a $36 cleaning fee when there is a sign asking me to hand wash the crystal stemware and load the dish washer along with taking out the trash before leaving????

5th-Be ready for more charges when you call to book, I was charged another $121 on top of the Groupon.

We stayed in the "Passion Flower" cabin on 3/1 and 3/2 and to my surprise my wife woke me up at 4am on 3/2 to something that sounded like a bear scratching the door so I investigated and concluded that it must be squirrels on the roof so we tried to go back to sleep with no luck due to the constant scratching sounds.

We went to town and returned around 5 pm on 3/2 and heard the scratching again, so I went outside to see what was on the roof and found NOTHING. After more investigation some animal, maybe squirrels, maybe racoons, had nested between the ceiling and roof and was going nuts (pardon the pun) on the ceiling. Constant scratching and clawing going on so we tried to ignore it and made supper, well while eating dinner, the animals in the roof began dropping what appeared to be pieces of nest, rocks, or nut shells INTO OUR DINNER PLATES and on my head!!! How sanitary is this? So my dinner was ruined and stores aren't exactly convenient to the cabins.

Obviously I called the phone number and was forwarded to voicemail via an answering service 3 times and never received a call back. I called on Sunday morning, 3/3, at about 10 am to check out and got the man on the phone and explained to him what had happened and that I wanted some money back obviously. He advised me that Janice was overwhelmed booking rooms and taking calls and she would be back with me at a later time. I have called at least 15 times since and sent 2 emails and it is now 3/6 with NO RESPONSE FROM JANICE! What kind of customer service is this? I suggest you save the heartache and stay elsewhere unless you want this experience.

Overall I would've been happier in a best western in town but this place is neat in its location I just cannot believe the details missed, like walls in the bathroom only stained to arms reach. The shower is tiny and the nozzle on our shower sprays all over the place. Like a wise man once told me, "The devil is in the details." Apparently that has not been heard here before. Very said because this place has amazing potential.

**Update-Janice Called and gave us a $50 refund and a free night which we will not be using!**

Room Tip: Do not stay in the "passion flower" cabin.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Ginar911
Creekwalk_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at Creekwalk Inn, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
We do promise if guests do not stay at Creekwalk Inn in Cosby but instead choose our wild mountain A Cabin in the Woods an adventure. Each cabin is secluded and offers wildness with the hiking trail to the river and the surroundings of 30 acres and 700 feet of river frontage at the end of the hike down from the bluff. The cabins are meant for two only and are romantic hideaways. Passion Flower unfortunately became home to a squirrel during Greg's visit. We have since discovered and covered the squirrel's entry hole and current guests report no problems at the cabin. It had sneaked down the vent area in the kitchen.
Our mission is to connect guests to nature, but not this much connection!. The cabins are small, rustic, with a king bed and heart shaped jacuzzi, also an outdoor hot tub and kitchen with stone countertops and full sized appliances. We regret it was not to Greg's liking. I would definitely suggest staying at one of our family cabins, not the couple's cabins, if you bring a child. We made an exception for Greg.
Guests staying at the cabins off the farm are 12 miles from Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and about 20 miles from Creekwalk Inn. We welcome breakfast guests at Creekwalk by reservation and love to share our adventures of the trails in the Smokies. We did haul off all of Greg's trash.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

I saw this Groupon and knew exactly where my fiancée and I were going to spend our honeymoon. So I called the cabins Wednesday (2/27) around noontime to see if they were available for the dates we were looking for. I got Leroy on the phone. He told me the cabin was available on those dates and said he could book me directly at the groupon price. 338$ for two night with all fees and taxes. Super! I gave him my name, my information and my debit card. Told him I wanted to charge the whole amount right then. He said he would run my card and send me a confirmation. By 6 pm that night I still hadn't received an email or had my card charged. So I called again. Leroy answered and told me he just hadn't run it yet but that everything was good to go. So I waited...and waited ...and waited. Saturday came and still no charge no confirmation email. I called again. Left a voicemail. By the time Sunday rolled around we decided we wanted to stay a third night. So I called again. Leroy answered. I identified myself and he said..oh yeah. I got your message. I have no reservation for you. Can't locate it anywhere. So..at that point I told him to never mind and we booked three nights through a different place for $389. I thought that was it. Friday (3/8) rolls around and I get a call from my bank that my account was overdrawn. What? Turns out nearly a week and a half after my initial call..this place charges my debit and sends me a confirmation email. Really? 9 days later? Now, to their credit, when I called, very upset, they did refund what they had charged. But that was after I got hung up on by the reservationist I spoke to and explained what had happened. Oh..and a side note...the amount they ultimately charged me was 20$ more than what Leroy initally told me it would be. Not too sure about this whole operation. After this experience I would be concerned about how things would have been once we got there. Be wary...

Stayed February 2013
4 Thank Ksl1173
We regret the confusion and delay processing your reservation. We are a small family business and several of us became ill during this time. We refunded your money and regret the inconvenience to you. We have been in business for 25 years serving the travelling community and have many guests who love our adventure oriented cabins and rustic bed and breakfast on the creek. I do not think since you did not even stay with us it is fair to review our property. I hope some day you do come for a visit.
Gulf Shores, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Love this place!!!! My husband is so very busy...full time computer tech, full time school and a Marine. This was the perfect place for us to get away and do nothing to refresh. We stayed in the cabin for a full week. We went hiking, running and fishing. Hot tub was so fun. The best part was the breakfast down at the main cabin. The chef's specials are amazing! The lady that runs the place, Janice, is super cool and in-tune with the area and nature. Loved her!!! Best time ever!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mavant20
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I highly recommend the Creekwalk Inn! The remote cabins are ideal for a romantic get-away. The staff is very friendly and passionate about what they do which shows in the gourmet breakfast featuring seasonal culinary delights. This inn is a very special place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Plainfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

If you are looking for a cabin in the mountains, this it the place. The cabin that I rented in Sevierville, Tennessee was absolutely fabulous. Everything was clean, working and secluded. Sometimes pictures are better than the actual place, however in this situation, the cabin was as pictured and advertised. Not being from the mountains of Tennessee, I was not sure of what I was getting myself into. After my first conversation with the owners, I felt so much more at eae, The owners spent about 15 - 20 minutes mapping out directins and explaining everything that I had questions. about. Very nice ownersThe only thing that did not cooperate with my family and I was nature. We wanted to see a bear or two, but for some reason that did not happen. . Awesome deal, awesome stay and AWESOME OWNERS. Me and my family would strongly reccommend and plan on visiting again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Darryl k
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This cozy B&B is a rare find with a range of rooms and rates as part of a larger property with a large lodge and wedding chapel. Some of the rooms are creekside and I saw an otter swimming past my room! The sense of nature and space is healing, and Janice (proprietor) takes on breakfast as the true gourmet she is. Friendly, loving, with packed lunch and trail maps!

Room Tip: I like being on the creek - good view of rooms on line.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cosby
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newport South
Comfort Inn Newport
#3 of 9 in Newport
BEST WESTERN Newport Inn
Blue Mountain Mist Country Inn and Cottages

Been to Creekwalk Inn? Share your experiences!