“Authentic, home-cooked Mediterranean cuisine”

Kabob International
Ranked #10 of 145 Restaurants in Cordova
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Cordova, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic, home-cooked Mediterranean cuisine”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My wife and I have been enjoying Kabob International (aka Little Persian) for years.

If only there were a six-star rating!

These delicious and authentic meals can't be found anywhere else in the area - we've tried other places! The recipes for the sauces and meats are exactly like the owner's mother used to make.

The chefs are so flexible that they can even customize these incredibly appetizing plates to your tastes - I love the tzatziki sauce, but my wife prefers to replace it with their secret-recipe yellow sauce. Both are intensely flavorful.

I'm looking forward to their move to the larger place next door in the next couple of weeks; it'll give me more room to bring my friends to this friendly, scrumptious restaurant.

Cordova is blessed that these folks have chosen to share their culinary heritage with us.

• Visited June 2012

Memphis, Tennessee
“Kabob's one of our favorite places for dinner”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

One of our favorite places to eat dinner. It is casual, quiet and run by the owners who are almost always there. They make the best rice in town and also the best Pistachio Baklava with just the right sweetness (not too sweet) Extra nice hot tea and we love the yogurt sauce. I almost always order the #20 plate. A bit expensive, but we always feel like it is worth it. The husband and wife team are from the middle east.

• Visited May 2012
Memphis, Tennessee
“reasonable, fresh and interesting food”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

the food is always fresh! interesting things you won't find other places in memphis - homemade souvlaki sauce, fresh gyros. lamb shanks, chicken every day.....fresh bread...tea with interesting flavor!! i can count on the great consistency and flavor - never has disappointed and always something interesting on the menu.
the owners are open and friendly and aim to please
fresh dessert every day!! baclava!!
go and you won't be disappointed - they are soon to move to a new larger place!!

• Visited April 2012
“Five stars”
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I'm craving a gyro right now! Delicious, fresh food. Their sauces are excellent. You will want to order the lamb. I ordered a chicken gyro our first time eating there and it was good but when I tasted my husband's lamb gyro, I never went back to chicken! We've eaten here several times. The lamb is always so delicious and tender.

Their baklava is also exceptional. The prices are somewhat high, but the food is high quality and worth it in my opinion.

• Visited December 2011
Knoxville, Tennessee
“OK but a bit pricy”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We had lunch at Kabob. It is located at the end of a small strip mall. We ordered a large Gyro ($7.79) which was big enough to split. We also ordered tabouleh ($4.58) and a side order of hummus and pitas ($ 5.68). With one tea the bill was $22 before the tip. The Gyro was good. The tabouleh was mainly chopped parsley. It had no mint, bulgur wheat, cucumbers, ot tomatoes. The hummus was spiced with cayenne nothing else. If we had not split the Gyro the bill for lunchwould have been close to $35. Overall it was OK but not worth the price.

• Visited August 2011