“Fresh and Always Great”

Osaka Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #85 of 153 Restaurants in Cordova
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is my favorite sushi place in town. There is sometimes a bit of a wait to get in, but I've always had a great meal here. Try the salad role for something a bit different. They serve beer and allow you to bring in wine with no corkage fee. Prices are great.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I'm wanting to share about the awful service our party of 9 received tonight at Osaka on poplar. We were here for 2 hrs before we received our food. It took 40 mins to be seated bc we had to wait for the reservation ahead to get their full party to be seated. We then waited 20 mins at hibachi before the chef went to the wrong table. A manager said it would be 5 mins to get a new chef. It took 20. Then the stove top wasn't on so we had to wait for that. I asked to speak with a manager and one on training came out and told me that the owner didn't want to come out and he refused to give us a discount. I called the other co owner and she told me I had to wait until tomorrow. In the end they refused to talk to us, threatened to call the police and said 10% was the best they could do after 3 hrs now. All we wanted was to talk to the coowner. No sorry, no free desert/waived drinks for goodness sake! Also, my hot tea came out cold and a plate and 2 sauce trays came out dirty or with hair on them.

1  Thank TelLee06
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Have eaten here many times but was so disappointed this time. THe service was terrible! I think it was just our server. She seemed to be Russian or something but was so abrupt and rude that I couldn't understand her issue. The food was just ok. The hibachi chicken was flavorless and the rice was good. The sushi was not what my friends were use to and didn't enjoy it at all. Think I will pass on it

Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Osaka has the best sushi around! It's always fresh, friendly and delicious! We see the same faces each time we go and the quality is top notch!

They have an early bird dinner special that is a great value too!

Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Love the sushi. Service could be a bit better & we wish it was a little bigger. It is a bit pricey, but its worth it for good fresh sushi & great fried rice.