“Decent place for sushi, and hibachi items”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #100 of 147 Restaurants in Cordova
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood
Brownsville, Tennessee
“Decent place for sushi, and hibachi items”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were seated right away, the place barely had anyone in it. It was during the week. We were seated at the hibachi grill across from another couple. Our waitress Amy was very attentive and took really good care of us. She kept our drinks full. We ordered sushi to have before we ate our hibachi food. Amy kept apologizing and informed as to where our sushi was, it didn't come out till after the chef had started our hibachi meals. The Hibachi Chef, came out and at first was a little entertaining for about 5 minutes then it was as if he gave up due to us having 2 couples at the table. He cooked our food and then apologized saying he was tired. We got our sushi, it was good sushi, I just could not believe it took so long to get it. The hibachi food was ok at best, the steak and lobster were ok, the rice, noodles were not good to me. The food really didn't seem to be seasoned at all. The waitress was great, the other was subpar at best.

• Visited August 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Very Good Food Fun Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We ate here because it was neat our hotel and it was very good and a fun relaxing dinner. I would eat here again

• Visited March 2013
Hickory Withe, Tennessee, United States
“FUN PLACE TO EAT”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I enjoy the show and the food. Especially like the soup (which is never enough) and the Ginger Sauce. Be cautious if you have shell fish allergies...note that all meals are cooked on one grill and there is cross contamination. True experience. My favorite part is the rice!

Visited December 2012
United States
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Although I've only been once back in June 2010, it was a pretty nice experience. It wasnt too busy and I went for a friends birthday. It's pretty much you're regular run of the mill hibatchi grill restaraunt. Theyn make shapes and heartbeats out of the rice, light stuff on fire, and make a lot of noise lol. It's pretty much a smaller and cheaper version of Behni Huna's

• Visited June 2012
Collierville, Tennessee
“A great place for lunch”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'm not a big fan of going to Japanese steakhouses for dinner. Personally, I think all of them are very overpriced. However, this place offers a fantastic lunch for around $10. The chefs generally don't do anything spectacular but in all honesty, I'm not really looking for a good show. I enjoy it but I would rather be able to watch them cook a little bit while still having a conversation with my friends.

• Visited August 2012