“A Local Favorite”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Arlington, Tennessee
“A Local Favorite”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here numerous times. The food is always good and some of the best servers in town. Occassionally, the crowd can be large, but the wait has never been more than a few minutes, although we have eaten at the bar a couple of times to avoid the wait. I recommend the Villa Castriotti salad. It's large enough to share, but tasty enough to make you wish you had ordered one for yourself. My personal favorite is the Chicken Piccata, while my wife usually orders the crab legs appetizer as a meal, which she says are the freshest in town. I love the atmosphere. They seem to be one of the few restaurants that understand that bright lights do not make for intimate dining.

• Visited March 2013

Franklin, Tennessee
“Remindss me of the Restaurant in the movie "Moonstruck"”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

A littlle more casual then the movie version. Very good Italian food. The fantastic, but my favorite was the fresh garlic bread with the salad. The blue cheese dressing was some of the best I have had anywhere. The eggplant parmigiana was very tender, and their Marinira sauce tasted like we were in Italy itself. Finish with a cannoli was excellent. We will come back and try the pizza.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Giuseppes1933
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Best Italian on the East side”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Surprisingly elegant for the location, this place has excellent entrees, albeit a bit pricey...take your family out for that once-in -a- while treat. While the service is almost ALWAYS surly, it is at a tolerable level considering the quality of the cuisine and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
“Never Had a Bad Experience”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We've enjoyed Villa for a number of years and the food and service are always great. Veal is awesome, steak castrioti wonderful, chicken with garlic and oil pasta super fresh, house salad dressing always a hit. Rice castrioti with steak, chicken marsala and tenderloin cesear salad (lunch) my favs.

• Visited September 2012
Cordova, Tennessee
“I had a terrible - awful - unacceptable experience!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I took my family to this restaurant on Labor Day...and I ordered simple spaghetti with meat sauce. When I was served... to my surprise I found pasta, sauce and NO MEAT. I asked the waiter to please ask the chef to check my order because I ordered spaghetti with MEAT SAUCE thinking that they simply made a mistake and gave me the sauce without meat. To my further surprise... the chef sent the plate back and told the waiter to tell meat that "This is the meat sauce...we're just a little light on meat tonight." I am fine of people make mistakes...but please don't insult my intelligence. I am the Manager of a full service hotel in the area and you can bet we will never send any of our guests there in the future. The Manager finally appeared and apologized...and offered to adjust off my meal which I did not want him to do...and that they did not do... because I simply wanted out of this establishment. Unfortunately, the management here is not trustworthy. I will never be back.

• Visited September 2012