“Unique place with very well-cooked food”
Review of Humdinger's

Humdinger's
Ranked #60 of 152 Restaurants in Cordova
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We love this place - whenever we watch a movie at the Cordova Malco, we eat here. Love their grilled veggies, and the fish tacos are awesome. I despise breaded fish tacos, so I was excited to have some yummy grilled fish tacos. This is not a cookie-cutter deli place - they are different in a very good way. Also, for those sugar-averse (diabetic) types, they have more drink options than any restaurant I've ever been to.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

The 1/2 Peri Peri chicken is our favorite and for 9.99 you get alot of food. Make sure if you cannot handle hot food to only get the lemon and herb but the spice from the medium is what I go for. They also have a good kids menu and my kids love the fish nuggets.

1  Thank JamesPKimmel
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My wife and I were taken here by friends that live in Memphis and the fresh taste and healthy offerings were quite a surprise. I had grilled rainbow trout with grilled zucchini that was offered as a limited time special for $9.99. The food here is liberally seasoned and can be on the zesty or spicy side of things. My wife ordered the grilled chicken with grilled zucchini and she commented on the spicy flavor. I noticed someone at our table ordered the grilled salmon with grilled sweet potatoes and it looked quite appetizing. This is one of those establishments where you order at a counter and serve yourself with your beverage. A number is given to you for display on your table for the staff to bring your food to your table.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

My family and I visited Humdingers Cordova recently. It was our first time to eat here. We thought the restaurant was clean. We thought it was a little pricey, but the food was excellent. I am gluten-free, so I was pleased to see that they had several gluten-free options on their menu. I had the Mahi-Mahi and it was THE BEST. I also had the sweet potato slices that were SO good as well. Everyone in our party really enjoyed the food. Three of our four meals came out, and one wasn't ready, so they happily offered us a free dessert to share while we waited, and we thought that was great. We ordered our son's sandwich plain, and it came out with everything on it. We got the waitresses attention, and she quickly took it back and brought another. I thought the service here was really good and we felt very well taken care of. We would definitely return if we were in the area. THANK YOU!!!!

1  Thank Clarkpartyof4
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We used to go there because they used to offer buy one get one free coupon. Without coupons, paying about $10 or more for a lunch item plus drinks can be quite costly, especially for family. Our daughter gave us a $20 gift certificate so we went there for lunch on a Sunday after long absence. There was a pretty long line but it moved fast. The cashier took our order pretty fast. After we sat down we found our table was filthy, full of food crumbs, I told the cashier and he said he would get somebody to clean it. He apparently could not find anybody and he had to come to clean it himself. Not great but passable. There were a lot of teenagers working there, some worked quite hard, some just so so, no managers insight. (Used to see managers checking on customers) The breast of the chicken was overcooked, dark meat all right. The shrimps are great. The place was kind of dirty, probably too many kids eating there. A waitress was busy cleaning up a wet floor. It is more like a fast food restaurant than a real restaurant. The food portion (fish) is very small. The half chicken or chicken breast may be better deals. Do we want to go back there? Probably not, unless we have coupons.

Been to Humdinger's? Share your experiences!