“Horrible Manager, Indifferent Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cordova
California
“Horrible Manager, Indifferent Staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here some time back, but after seeing some of the other reviews, thought I would share my experience.

Check in was fine, we were upgraded to a larger room. Room seemed clean, very odd configuration, two separate rooms with a bathroom in between. The air conditioner smelled like mildew and screens were really dirty. Shower curtain dirty and smelly. Toilet seat was so loose, nearly slipped to floor. Lack of towels, only two in the large room.

My husband asked the front desk clerk for some extra towels, and a clean shower curtain. He was questioned why we needed extra towels. Said she didn't have any and would have to go to another room and get what we needed. Seemed really put out. Apparently, hotel manager does not give anything extra to front desk to accommodate guests.

We asked for late 2pm check out, at 11:11 am a housekeeper walked into my room without knocking. I guess she missed the Do Not Disturb sign taped on the door! I was a bit startled and half dressed, she spoke no english and I told her to get out of my room.

After this, my husband went down to complain about this housekeeper walking in our room and the manager told him we had been a problem since checking in, asking for extra towels, late check out and now a maid coming in our room. Her exact quote was "you are looking for a free night".

We couldn't believe it, what a joke. After he had some words with this manager/owner, Ragi, he came upstairs. We packed up, angry at how we were being treated and started to load our car. She must have realized she overreacted because while we were loading up, she offered my husband 1/2 off another night's stay.

Can you say too little, too late? I was finished with this hotel, already packed and we were out of there. Reported her bad behavoir to Choice Hotels after we left.

Horrible Manager/Owner, doesn't care about how her staff treats customer and she thinks all her guests are out to get something for free! Don't waste your time staying here.

Room Tip: Don't waste your time, keep driving!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
9 Thank Choice-MemberDiamond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Was very disappointed in this hotel. We stayed there one night for a funeral and it took me 20 minutes with the front desk clerk to to convince her that $85/night plus tax did not add up to $184.00. She didn't have a clue what the total should have been and didn't care! Everyone waiting to check in was amazed at her attitude (and stupidity) and the couple waiting behind me was smart enough to go somewhere else. I would have left also but I was staying with a group. We all agreed that it was the worst Comfort Suites ever! I left a wake up call...didn't get it. I tried to do some laundry but there wasn't any soap to purchase. Again front desk said "come back later, we might have some." I killed two roaches in our room. The closet door was broken and the toilet ran constantly. The hotel needs updating badly. The carpet and sofa are very dirty. There are many restaurants in the area that are convenient and many other places to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda461
watchful83, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
The lady had two nights reservation and that is why the rate was $185 plus tax. We are sorry about any attitude she might have had but we train our staff to be courteous as Hospitality is our business. The gruop she was with had a great time and any complaints brought to our attention would have been handled efficiently and right away.
We thank you for staying with us.
Roswell, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel is located directly behind Costco. I'm a light sleeper so I heard the trucks, but it didn't bother the rest of my crew. We were disappointed that the pool was NOT heated as advertised. I was told the spa was removed and it was "just an indoor pool". It gets no sunlight and it was not at the 84 degrees the manager emailed me that is their standard. Expect the standard carb breakfast with the backup at the one lonely waffle maker. Staff was pleasant, but over all the hotel could use some updating. Beds were comfortable. The manager did respond to my input, but don't expect the pool situation to improve. If the pool hadn't been a key element for our kids, I would have rated it average, not poor.

Room Tip: Ask for the side that doesn't face Costco.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Florence, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was taking my son (who has a brain injury) to the zoo with my caregiver and was a little scared about staying somewhere. Let me say, this is the place to go. Shalanda (desk clerk) is one of the best ever, she has not been there long and needs a raise. she makes the place along with her great smile and attitude. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is wonderful. Thank you Shalanda for making my trip much much easier!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
New Braunfels, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

We spent three nights at this hotel in January. Rooms were nice, but we had no phone the entire time wer were there. They tried to fix it, then said part was on order. Why couldn't they have taken a phone from an unrented room???? The front desk didn't know.

In their defense, They offered to move us, but it was inconvenient so we did not move. Staff was nice and did give us a 10% discount for ONE night for our trouble.

TVs were swapped out for flat screens while we were there. We had two TVs in the room and when they were done, we only had one....not sure why.

Room Tip: Parking can be a little tight as lot is shared with another hotel. The end doors to the property...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cedartown, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Hotel is old and in need of furniture update but was clean. It was centrally located to the venues where I attended functions but some travelers may not care for the location behind Costco. Staff were nice And helpful, contrary to some reviews that I had read. Hotel served my purpose and, since I required more than one room, also helped my budget.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was a nice stay. The suite was quite large with fridge and extras. Nice pool area. Staff was great and good selection of complimentary breakfast foods. It needs a little bit of updating, but worth the money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Cordova/Memphis/by Wolfchas
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#3 of 6 in Cordova

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!