“Stinky room”

Reviewed February 11, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vaughan H

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel was clean,but some of the worse sagging mattresses ever. Also disappointed in the old wireless phone which did not work. Breakfast was good and hot with many options so that was nice. Don't know if I would stay at Wingate again.

1  Thank Warren G
wingatetn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I would like to apologize for the challenges with the mattress and cordless phone. Our first priority is our guests comfort. To that end I am please to inform you that we are currently under a full renovation that will correct these challenges. As you stated we are a clean hotel and the opportunity to update our product is somethng that we are very excited about. I would like to ask you to give us another chance when you come to the Memphis Area.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Initially I was thinking I would give the hotel 5 stars. The rooms and lobby were VERY clean. The room is a nice size. The bed is comfortable. It is in a good area and close to a lot of stores and restaurants. The free continental breakfast is a plus. Check-in/Check-out was a breeze. They were doing construction in the parking lot and it was mud everywhere which isn’t the hotel’s fault. There is no indoor pool which I was disappointed. There was a whirlpool but it was closed. Actually it wasn’t there at all so I guess they are doing construction on that as well. The vending machines wouldn’t take my cash so I had to use my card and I didn’t like that. My biggest complaint is the nose. The walls are VERY thin. I didn’t sleep at all. This is why I had to drop the stars! Water was dripping from something outside that kept us up as well as people above us running around all night. The refrigerator was loud as well. I definitely cannot forget the couple next door. I am sure someone was happy because it lasted all night. I know this isn’t the hotel fault, but they should’ve provided some thicker walls. I was very disappointed at the noise.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
wingatetn, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you all of the positive things you had to say. We are currety renovating our property as you noticed and feedback is alway critical in this process. By you informing us of the noise challenges, it will give us the chance to address this in our renovation process. We look to having you back in the future to experience our new renovated property.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here over New Year's. Accidentally left our winter coats in the closet (100% sure of this fact - not something I would state lightly. The coats were hanging in he closet when we left which means some member of staff removed them). Called hotel when we got home, they have disappeared (and I was told the room had been vacant since we left - so no blaming other guests). I have politely called and e-mailed the manager since 04Jan and have received no response other than an e-mail LAST Monday (07Jan) stating he would look into it and call later that day (NEVER heard from him and subsequent e-mail/call have been ignored). Sent an e-mail through the customer care site for corporate on 04Jan and rcvd an autoresponse saying I would hear back in 1-2 business days - NEVER received a response there either. A week and a half after first contacting the hotel/customer care and receiving NO response my patience has run out (along with hope of getting my coats back). Terrible customer service Wingate - having my coats lost is bad enough, but the complete lack of concern or even contact has frustrated me even more. Apparently items disappear from hotels and management can't be expected to respond. Not how I choose to spend my money. (And if items can be 'lost' after you leave, I'm not sure I'd want to leave anything in the room while I was there either - again not an accusation I take lightly.) Sad really because while we were actually staying there it wasn't too bad.

1  Thank CMOK11
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Our stay was great. Your hotel was quite full with fans from Iowa and the staff handled it well. The only drawback for me was that the pull out was not comfortable at all. I know this is hard as most are not.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

I would like to take this time to thank you for your stay. Our first priority is guest comfort. We are currently under renovation and will be replacing all the sleeper sofas. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Reviewed January 10, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#4 of 6 in Cordova
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Been to Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis? Share your experiences!