“Not what you would expect from Wyndham!”

Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Cordova
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

I didn't have the clleanliness issues that other reviewers wrote about. Customer service was okay, during check in, they barely acknowledged me, like iI was iinterrupting something. Breakfast was the worst as far as hot food goes. Oatmeal was a congealed lump in the pot, so I moved to the eggs and bacon. Bacon was not cooked done and the eggs were rubbery. I had a banana. They have a pot of coffee out in the lobby, but only a few creamers are put out along with only sugar and sweet and low. Just seemed cheap! There are a lot nicer places in area for the same with more amenities.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank RNHH
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Friendly staff; nice rooms. One of the best beds I've ever had in comfort & firmness. Good hot full breakfast with eggs, potatoes, fruit, cereals, juices, etc. Indoor poor & fitness area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
MOGADORE
Reviewed September 25, 2012

For what I paid to stay,it was not worth it. The sink did not drain, the mattress is worn out. You can fill the springs in it. Water stains on celling. The carpet needs cleaned. I expected more from Windham.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Very clean hotel. this is our third stay at this hotel. We have a daughter who goes to college in Memphis and this is our go to place to stay. It is a little too far out of town but we can easily access Sam Cooper Blvd and it turns into the Interstate that passes next to this hotel.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

People please do not stay at this hotel. I reserve this hotel room using a website that does not give the name of the hotel until after you complete the booking process. The site displayed this hotel as a three star hotel. Well, it is not! The hotel was fully booked and did not give me two beds but a king size bed and a sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa had a lumpy mattress with "sexual items" still left underneath. The blankets and sheets for sleeper and on our bed both had holes. The microwave stopped working. Air condition worked fine, however when the heat was turned on the fire alarm went off in the room. Bugs were in the whirlpool. The kids were terrified. The 25% of the gym equipment was broken.

I am very disappointed with the level of service and the website I used to get the hotel in this area. Neither company tried to make my stay better or provided any type of assistance. My advice--do not use a bargain website to book a hotel in this area. It is worth the money to have the hotel name and search the reviews. Also please note while this hotel did not have a report of bedbugs, a hotel in the area did! Please do not use a website that post the name of the hotel after you book for this area. Although my stay was not as I have hoped, I counted myself lucky not have stayed at the "BedBug Hotel" up the street.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel due to being so impressed with another Wingate we had stayed at in Charleston a few days before. We were really looking forward to our stay here and were very disappointed. Thankfully we only had to stay one night there. Where should I begin? The outside of the hotel was unkempt with trash in the parking lot. As soon as you walked into the hotel there was an overpowering smell of chlorine. The first room we were given was supposed to be nonsmoking, but there was a heavy smoke odor in the room. We asked the clerk for a new room, which she kindly gave us. This room smelled better, but had many other problems. The first thing we noticed was the refrigerator was very noisy when running. There were stains all over the carpet, chairs and bedspreads. The air conditioner did have an odor when running. The carpet was not tacked down properly against the wall and looked like a prime spot for bugs. Luckily we didn't find any of those. Only cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling. The bathtub was incredibly dirty (or stained... we aren't sure) and ended up putting a towel on the bottom to take showers. The shower head leaked as it wasn't properly affixed to the wall. One of the glasses provided had some kind of white gooey substance covering the bottom of it. The towel rack was leaning off of the wall as well. And finally, the safe in the closet did not work. The whole room was just dirty. Basically, this hotel was very outdated, not well taken care of and dirty in general. It was very disappointing. I'm glad we had our first experience with Wingate in Charleston, because had this been our first visit with Wingate, we would not stay with this chain again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MissKellyC_15
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights to be near my sister whose husband had just died. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and had lots of pillows. The room was not perfectly clean, but better than most I've seen lately. There were some maintenance issues - the towel rack in the bathroom was down, and one of the outlets did not work. Part of the ceiling was coming down in the shower. There was plenty of hot water. The recumbent bicycle in the exercise room was broken. The pool is quite small but pretty clean. The breakfast left something to be desired - I had to cut my scrambled eggs with a knife. The biscuits were good. Pretty basic - no fruit or yogurt. Waffle House is right next door if you want something better. Overall it was okay, nothing special but certainly worked for me for this trip. It was great to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cordova
Hilton Garden Inn Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis Wolfchase
Hyatt Place Memphis/Wolfchase Galleria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Memphis East-Sycamore View
Quality Suites
Quality Suites
#5 of 6 in Cordova
Extended Stay America - Memphis - Wolfchase Galleria

Been to Country Inn & Suites Wolfchase - Memphis? Share your experiences!